flat - Meaning in Hindi
flat Word Forms & Inflectionsflatter (adjective comparative)
flattest (adjective superlative)
flats (noun plural)
flatted (verb past tense)
flatting (verb present participle)
flats (verb present tense)
Definitions and Meaning of flat in English
- not reflecting light; not glossy
mat, mat, mat, matt, matt, matte, matted
- "a photograph with a matte finish"
- "flat wall paint"
- (of a musical note) lowered in pitch by one chromatic semitone
- "B flat"
- sounded or spoken in a tone unvarying in pitch
monotone, monotonic, monotonous
- "the owl's faint monotonous hooting"
- stretched out and lying at full length along the ground
- "found himself lying flat on the floor"
- horizontally level
- "a flat roof"
- lacking contrast or shading between tones
- having a surface without slope, tilt in which no part is higher or lower than another
- "a flat desk"
- "a plane surface"
- "acres of level farmland"
- "skirts sewn with fine flat seams"
- lacking the expected range or depth; not designed to give an illusion or depth
- "a film with two-dimensional characters"
- "a flat two-dimensional painting"
- having a relatively broad surface in relation to depth or thickness
- "flat computer monitors"
- commercially inactive
- "a flat market"
- "flat sales for the month"
- "prices remained flat"
- not modified or restricted by reservations
categoric, categorical, unconditional
- "a categorical denial"
- "a flat refusal"
- having lost effervescence
- "a flat cola"
- "flat beer"
- lacking stimulating characteristics; uninteresting
- "a bland little drama"
- "a flat joke"
- lacking taste or flavor or tang
bland, bland, flavorless, flavourless, insipid, savorless, savourless, vapid
- "a bland diet"
- "flavorless supermarket tomatoes"
- "insipid hospital food"
- "vapid beer"
- "vapid tea"
- flattened laterally along the whole length (e.g., certain leafstalks or flatfishes)
- with flat sails
- "sail flat against the wind"
- in a forthright manner; candidly or frankly
- "came out flat for less work and more pay"
- "he didn't answer directly"
- "told me straight out"
- a level tract of land
- "the salt flats of Utah"
- a musical notation indicating one half step lower than the note named
- freight car without permanent sides or roof
- a shallow box in which seedlings are started
- a deflated pneumatic tire
- scenery consisting of a wooden frame covered with painted canvas; part of a stage setting
- a suite of rooms usually on one floor of an apartment house
Synonyms of flat
- flat tire
- flatbed, flatcar
- mat, matt, matte, matted
- 2-dimensional, two-dimensional
- level, plane
- monotone, monotonic, monotonous
- categoric, categorical, unconditional
- bland, flavorless, flavourless, insipid, savorless, savourless, vapid
- directly, straight
Antonyms of flat
More matches for flat
flattery मनुहार flat surface समतल सतह flat plate सपाट प्लेट flat rate सपाट दर flat roof सपाट छत flat stone समतल पत्थर flat top सपाट शीर्ष flat cars सपाट कारें flat rock सपाट चट्टान flat land समतल भूमि
Words starting with
What is flat meaning in Hindi?
The word or phrase flat refers to not reflecting light; not glossy, or (of a musical note) lowered in pitch by one chromatic semitone, or sounded or spoken in a tone unvarying in pitch, or stretched out and lying at full length along the ground, or horizontally level, or lacking contrast or shading between tones, or with flat sails, or a level tract of land. See flat meaning in Hindi, flat definition, translation and meaning of flat in Hindi. Find flat similar words, flat synonyms. Also learn flat opposite words, flat antonyms. Learn and practice the pronunciation of flat. Find the answer of what is the meaning of flat in Hindi. देखें flat का हिन्दी मतलब, flat का मीनिंग, flat का हिन्दी अर्थ, flat का हिन्दी अनुवाद।
Tags for the entry "flat"
What is flat meaning in Hindi, flat translation in Hindi, flat definition, pronunciations and examples of flat in Hindi. flat का हिन्दी मीनिंग, flat का हिन्दी अर्थ, flat का हिन्दी अनुवादShabdkosh Premium
Ad-free experience & much more
Vocabulary & Quizzes
Try our vocabulary lists and quizzes.
Liked WordsLogin to get your liked words.