comfort - Meaning in Hindi
comfort - Meaning in Hindi
comfort Word Forms & Inflections
comforted (verb past tense)
comforting (verb present participle)
comforts (verb present tense)
Definitions and Meaning of comfort in English
- assistance, such as that provided to an enemy or to a known criminal
- "it gave comfort to the enemy"
- the act of consoling; giving relief in affliction
- "his presence was a consolation to her"
- bedding made of two layers of cloth filled with stuffing and stitched together
comforter, comforter, puff, puff, quilt
- a feeling of freedom from worry or disappointment
- satisfaction or physical well-being provided by a person or thing
- "a padded chair was one of the room's few comforts"
- "his friendship was a comfort"
- a state of being relaxed and feeling no pain
- "he is a man who enjoys his comfort"
- "she longed for the comfortableness of her armchair"
- a freedom from financial difficulty that promotes a comfortable state
- "a life of luxury and ease"
- "he had all the material comforts of this world"
- lessen pain or discomfort; alleviate
- "ease the pain in your legs"
- give moral or emotional strength to
console, solace, soothe
Synonyms of comfort
Antonyms of comfort
Comfort is a sense of physical or psychological ease, often characterized as a lack of hardship. Persons who are lacking in comfort are uncomfortable, or experiencing discomfort. A degree of psychological comfort can be achieved by recreating experiences that are associated with pleasant memories, such as engaging in familiar activities, maintaining the presence of familiar objects, and consumption of comfort foods. Comfort is a particular concern in health care, as providing comfort to the sick and injured is one goal of healthcare, and can facilitate recovery. Persons who are surrounded with things that provide psychological comfort may be described as being "in their comfort zone". Because of the personal nature of positive associations, psychological comfort is highly subjective.Also see "Comfort" on Wikipedia
More matches for comfort
Ad-free experience & much more
Difference between I and Me
Basic conversation skills (for Hindi learners)
What is another word for comfort ?
Sentences with the word comfort
Words starting with
What is comfort meaning in Hindi?
The word or phrase comfort refers to assistance, such as that provided to an enemy or to a known criminal, or the act of consoling; giving relief in affliction, or bedding made of two layers of cloth filled with stuffing and stitched together, or a feeling of freedom from worry or disappointment, or satisfaction or physical well-being provided by a person or thing, or a state of being relaxed and feeling no pain, or lessen pain or discomfort; alleviate. See comfort meaning in Hindi, comfort definition, translation and meaning of comfort in Hindi. Find comfort similar words, comfort synonyms. Also learn comfort opposite words, comfort antonyms. Learn and practice the pronunciation of comfort. Find the answer of what is the meaning of comfort in Hindi. देखें comfort का हिन्दी मतलब, comfort का मीनिंग, comfort का हिन्दी अर्थ, comfort का हिन्दी अनुवाद।
Tags for the entry "comfort"
What is comfort meaning in Hindi, comfort translation in Hindi, comfort definition, pronunciations and examples of comfort in Hindi. comfort का हिन्दी मीनिंग, comfort का हिन्दी अर्थ, comfort का हिन्दी अनुवाद
Vocabulary & Quizzes
Try our vocabulary lists and quizzes.