rule - Meaning in Gujarati
rule Word Forms & Inflectionsrules (noun plural)
ruled (verb past tense)
ruling (verb present participle)
rules (verb present tense)
Definitions and Meaning of rule in English
- something regarded as a normative example
convention, formula, normal, pattern
- "his formula for impressing visitors"
- "the convention of not naming the main character"
- "violence is the rule not the exception"
- the duration of a monarch's or government's power
- "during the rule of Elizabeth"
- dominance or power through legal authority
- "France held undisputed dominion over vast areas of Africa"
- "the rule of Caesar"
- (linguistics) a rule describing (or prescribing) a linguistic practice
- directions that define the way a game or sport is to be conducted
- "he knew the rules of chess"
- prescribed guide for conduct or action
- any one of a systematic body of regulations defining the way of life of members of a religious order
- "the rule of St. Dominic"
- a basic generalization that is accepted as true and that can be used as a basis for reasoning or conduct
- "their principles of composition characterized all their works"
- a rule or law concerning a natural phenomenon or the function of a complex system
- "the principle of jet propulsion"
- "the principle of the conservation of mass"
- "the right-hand rule for inductive fields"
- (mathematics) a standard procedure for solving a class of mathematical problems
- "he determined the upper bound with Descartes' rule of signs"
- "he gave us a general formula for attacking polynomials"
- a principle or condition that customarily governs behavior
- "it was his rule to take a walk before breakfast"
- "short haircuts were the regulation"
- measuring stick consisting of a strip of wood or metal or plastic with a straight edge that is used for drawing straight lines and measuring lengths
- keep in check
harness, harness, rein, rein
- "rule one's temper"
- decide with authority
- "The King decreed that all firstborn males should be killed"
- decide on and make a declaration about
- "find someone guilty"
- mark or draw with a ruler
- "rule the margins"
- exercise authority over; as of nations
- "Who is governing the country now?"
- be larger in number, quantity, power, status or importance
dominate, predominate, prevail, reign
- "Hispanics predominate in this neighborhood"
- "Money reigns supreme here"
- have an affinity with; of signs of the zodiac
Synonyms of rule
- convention, formula, normal, pattern
- linguistic rule
- harness, rein
- dominate, predominate, prevail, reign
More matches for rule
rule change નિયમમાં ફેરફાર rule making નિયમ બનાવી rule applies નિયમ લાગુ rules relating સંબંધિત નિયમો rules apply નિયમો લાગુ rules concerning સંબંધિત નિયમો rules regarding સંબંધિત નિયમો rules prescribed નિયમો નક્કી rule stated નિયમ આપ્યો rules contained નિયમો છે
Words starting with
What is rule meaning in Gujarati?
The word or phrase rule refers to something regarded as a normative example, or the duration of a monarch's or government's power, or dominance or power through legal authority, or (linguistics) a rule describing (or prescribing) a linguistic practice, or directions that define the way a game or sport is to be conducted, or prescribed guide for conduct or action, or keep in check. See rule meaning in Gujarati, rule definition, translation and meaning of rule in Gujarati. Find rule similar words, rule synonyms. Learn and practice the pronunciation of rule. Find the answer of what is the meaning of rule in Gujarati.
Other languages: rule meaning in Hindi
Tags for the entry "rule"
What is rule meaning in Gujarati, rule translation in Gujarati, rule definition, pronunciations and examples of rule in Gujarati.Shabdkosh Premium
Ad-free experience & much more
Vocabulary & Quizzes
Try our vocabulary lists and quizzes.
Liked WordsLogin to get your liked words.