dress - Meaning in Hindi
dress Word Forms & Inflectionsdresser (adjective comparative)
dresses (noun plural)
dressed (verb past tense)
dressing (verb present participle)
dresses (verb present tense)
Definitions and Meaning of dress in English
- suitable for formal occasions
- "a full-dress uniform"
- "dress shoes"
- "formal wear"
- (of an occasion) requiring formal clothes
- "a dress dinner"
- "a full-dress ceremony"
- clothing of a distinctive style or for a particular occasion
attire, garb, garb
- "battle dress"
- "formal attire"
- clothing in general
apparel, clothes, wearing apparel
- "fastidious about his dress"
- "he always bought his clothes at the same store"
- "she was refined in her choice of apparel"
- a one-piece garment for a woman; has skirt and bodice
- cut down rough-hewn (lumber) to standard thickness and width
- arrange in ranks
- "dress troops"
- decorate (food), as with parsley or other ornamental foods
- provide with decoration
- "dress the windows"
- put a dressing on
- "dress the salads"
- cultivate, tend, and cut back the growth of
clip, crop, cut back, lop, lop, prune, snip, trim
- "dress the plants in the garden"
- put a finish on
- "dress the surface smooth"
- arrange attractively
arrange, coif, coiffe, coiffure, do, do, set, set, set
- "dress my hair for the wedding"
- kill and prepare for market or consumption
- "dress a turkey"
- convert into leather
- "dress the tanned skins"
- apply a bandage or medication to
- "dress the victim's wounds"
- provide with clothes or put clothes on
apparel, clothe, enclothe, fit out, garb, garb, garment, habilitate, raiment, tog
- "Parents must feed and dress their child"
- put on clothes
- "Can the child dress by herself?"
- "dress the patient"
- "we had to dress quickly"
- give a neat appearance to
curry, curry, groom
- "dress the horses"
- "groom the dogs"
- dress in a certain manner
- "he dressed up in a suit and tie"
- "She dresses in the latest Paris fashion"
- dress or groom with elaborate care
plume, plume, preen, primp
- "She likes to dress when going to the opera"
Synonyms of dress
- apparel, clothes, wearing apparel
- attire, garb
- arrange, coif, coiffe, coiffure, do, set
- plume, preen, primp
- dress up
- curry, groom
- get dressed
- apparel, clothe, enclothe, fit out, garb, garment, habilitate, raiment, tog
- dress out
- clip, crop, cut back, lop, prune, snip, trim
- garnish, trim
- line up
Antonyms of dress
More matches for dress
Words starting with
What is dress meaning in Hindi?
The word or phrase dress refers to suitable for formal occasions, or (of an occasion) requiring formal clothes, or clothing of a distinctive style or for a particular occasion, or clothing in general, or a one-piece garment for a woman; has skirt and bodice, or cut down rough-hewn (lumber) to standard thickness and width. See dress meaning in Hindi, dress definition, translation and meaning of dress in Hindi. Find dress similar words, dress synonyms. Also learn dress opposite words, dress antonyms. Learn and practice the pronunciation of dress. Find the answer of what is the meaning of dress in Hindi. देखें dress का हिन्दी मतलब, dress का मीनिंग, dress का हिन्दी अर्थ, dress का हिन्दी अनुवाद।
Tags for the entry "dress"
What is dress meaning in Hindi, dress translation in Hindi, dress definition, pronunciations and examples of dress in Hindi. dress का हिन्दी मीनिंग, dress का हिन्दी अर्थ, dress का हिन्दी अनुवादShabdkosh Premium
Ad-free experience & much more
Vocabulary & Quizzes
Try our vocabulary lists and quizzes.
Liked WordsLogin to get your liked words.