Shabdkosh®

Language Support Forums | भाषा सहयोग मंच

into english

23 Sep 2014 22:59

Mera pehala din school me bahut achha gaya .
Waha teacher ne muje bahut achhi tarah samjhaya har cheej.meri class ke bacho ne bhi mere sath bahut achha behave kiya.class room bhi bahut achha aur hawa dar tha aur muje bahut achha laga .es prakar mera pehala din bahut achha gaya school me.

23 Sep 2014 23:26
"Sakshi"
23 Sep 2014 23:26

My first day at school passed very good. There teacher made me understand in a very good manner. My classmates also behaved very good with me. The class room was also very good and airy. And I liked very much. Thus My first day at school passed very good.
Regards
Sakshi

24 Sep 2014 09:24
gvshwnth
24 Sep 2014 09:24

Mera pehala din school me bahut achha gaya .
Waha teacher ne muje bahut achhi tarah samjhaya har cheej.meri class ke bacho ne bhi mere sath bahut achha behave kiya.class room bhi bahut achha aur hawa dar tha aur muje bahut achha laga .es prakar mera pehala din bahut achha gaya school me.

My first day at school passed off well.
There, the teacher explained everything to me very well.
The children in my class also behaved very well with me.
The class room is also very good and airy (well ventilated)
Thus my first day at school went off very well.

===============
Regards
GV

24 Sep 2014 17:41
Gyan Prakash
24 Sep 2014 17:41

@ nandkishore kushwah

Mera pehala din school me bahut achha gaya
ke bajay
Mera pehala din school me bahut achha beeta
likhna chahiye

इससे भी अधिक उचित यह होगा -
स्कूल में मेरा पहला दिन बहुत अच्छा बीता

24 Sep 2014 18:38
gvshwnth
24 Sep 2014 18:38

Gyan Prakashji,
You expressed frankly, what I have only been thinking but not saying openly.
I can understand, if the English of many of our members is not good.
They have not had the chance to study in English medium like I had.
It gives me some satisfaction to help them learn and improve their English.
But I find that in many postings, even their Hindi is bad though Hindi is their mother tongue.
In some cases, even my Hindi seems to be better even though my mother tongue is not Hindi and I learned Hindi much later in life.

Even when the language is reasonably okay, the spelling is shocking.
They use SMS language, They write in Hinglish and ask for translation without specifying from what language to what language!
Sometimes I have to resort to guess work to determine if a word written in Romanised Hindi is a Hindi word or English word.
“to” , “or” are common examples . Is it English To, or Hindi तो. . Is it English Or,  or Hindi और ?
Today, I noticed the word “pet” in a Hinglish sentence written in Roman Hindi,  and I thought it was पेट  (stomach) before I realised she was talking about the English word “pet” (animal)

I hope members exercise some care while posting.
Many English knowing Non Hindi speakers are learning Hindi by comparing the sentences.
They will be misguided by such sentences.

I am not addressing this message to any particular member but to many members on this forum, whose names I don’t want to take publicly.
I hope this message of mine is taken in the proper spirit.
Regards
GV