chi02
03 Oct 2013 00:11

i am afraid, he might tell a lie
or
i am afraid lest he should tell a lie.

03 Oct 2013 10:15
Oracle
03 Oct 2013 10:15

It shouldn’t happen so that he will tell a lie !

06 Oct 2013 20:31
chi02
06 Oct 2013 20:31
RKG - 02 Oct 2013 17:06

It shouldn’t happen so, he tells a lie.

HONESTY IS EVERYTHING

my goodness! what a pathetic translation of the above sentence !
i suggest you, get familiar with this word “lest” in English and its proper usage.
so next time you will not say “it shouldn’t happen so he tells a lie”.. :D

06 Oct 2013 22:19
RKG
06 Oct 2013 22:19

@ chi02

Actually I ain’t used to reconstructing any sentence like you in my any view. I always translate the sentence in the manner, how it has been written. And I certainly don’t think, I need learn from the man who don’t have little knowledge of the basic Tense. Better you read a few books before teaching someone else. Otherwise i guarantee, you won’t get any meaningful support for your query indeed. Goodbye!

Another discussion:

http://www.shabdkosh.com/forums/viewthread/17461/

HONESTY IS EVERYTHING

07 Oct 2013 20:49
chi02
07 Oct 2013 20:49
RKG - 06 Oct 2013 22:19

@ chi02

Actually I ain’t used to reconstructing any sentence like you in my any view. I always translate the sentence in the manner, how it has been written. And I certainly don’t think, I need learn from the man who don’t have little knowledge of the basic Tense. Better you read a few books before teaching someone else. Otherwise i guarantee, you won’t get any meaningful support for your query indeed. Goodbye!

Another discussion:

HONESTY IS EVERYTHING

firstly i am a girl, not a man..
Secondly, i don’t reconstruct the sentence, English is all about being able to communicate well what you are saying and it is not exactly translated line to line , that you are doing. Your sentence should have a meaning as well.
according to your rule of translation
if the hindi sentence is
waha ped hain.
should be translated like this
hain=is
waha=there
ped=tree.
so complete translation is
there tree is
but actual sentence will be framed like this
there is a tree.
..so what i am trying to convey here is that, line to line translation is not a proper way.
P.S. this is the basic rule of English
and you don’t event know it! that’s egregious!! 

07 Oct 2013 20:51
chi02
07 Oct 2013 20:51
RKG - 06 Oct 2013 22:19

@ chi02

Another discussion:

HONESTY IS EVERYTHING

I need learn from the man who don’t have little knowledge of the basic Tense
“i need to learn” ..
and use “doesn’t” here as man is singular.
again you missed the basic rule of grammar!

08 Oct 2013 06:35
RKG
08 Oct 2013 06:35

@ chi02,

WOO OOH!

1) Man, Woman, Girl, Boy; Why we need learn your gender! It doesn’t matter at all. Of course!

2) M(e)n. ( I don’t think, I should clear it anymore )

3) OMG! Again you didn’t read a book indeed. Go NOW and learn model verb “need” Seriously you need it.

4) Your translation => I am afraid => Seriously?

5) And also keep a note here; Whether you aren’t familiar with any sentence, paragraph or word, It doesn’t mean, It cannot be arranged throughout unless that is a part of Grammar.

I now think, It is in vain to say the same thing steadily to the girls/boys/women/men or whoever like you.

You are such a time-pass! Aren’t you? Seriously, Why don’t you want to read a book? Despite I’m consistently hearing of your fault.

Please learn carefully:

It shouldn’t happen so. = Kahin aisa nahi hona chahiye.  = Kahin aisa na ho.

(,) comma = ki

He tells a lie. = wah jhoot bol de.

P.S. I determined, you are hereby wasting my time and also began pissing me off with your special Translation and Grammar sense! You sound like a 5th class English speaker. No more discussion. Goodbye!

HONESTY IS EVERYTHING

08 Oct 2013 23:51
chi02
08 Oct 2013 23:51
RKG - 08 Oct 2013 06:35

@ chi02,

WOO OOH!

1) Man, Woman, Girl, Boy; Why we need learn your gender! It doesn’t matter at all. Of course!

2) M(e)n. ( I don’t think, I should clear it anymore )

3) OMG! Again you didn’t read a book indeed. Go NOW and learn model verb “need” Seriously you need it.

4) Your translation => I am afraid => Seriously?

5) And also keep a note here; Whether you aren’t familiar with any sentence, paragraph or word, It doesn’t mean, It cannot be arranged throughout unless that is a part of Grammar.

I now think, It is in vain to say the same thing steadily to the girls/boys/women/men or whoever like you.

You are such a time-pass! Aren’t you? Seriously, Why don’t you want to read a book? Despite I’m consistently hearing of your fault.

Please learn carefully:

It shouldn’t happen so. = Kahin aisa nahi hona chahiye.  = Kahin aisa na ho.

(,) comma = ki

He tells a lie. = wah jhoot bol de.

P.S. I determined, you are hereby wasting my time and also began pissing me off with your special Translation and Grammar sense! You sound like a 5th class English speaker. No more discussion. Goodbye!

HONESTY IS EVERYTHING

goodness gracious!! there are some incorrigible people in this world who can never be made to see sense in anything.
may they learn that, living in their own fantasy world will surely bring them down one day! !