I am coming with him/her.

Lest it be the cause of breakdown.

Thanks,
MB

04 Sep 2015 11:54
gvshwnth
04 Sep 2015 11:54

I am moving this to the Hindi section.
Please post translation requests between Hindi and English only in the Hindi section henceforth.
GV

04 Sep 2015 11:57
Mukesh Bhalse
04 Sep 2015 11:57

@ GV Sir,
I didn’t understand your motive for using only Hindi section for translations of English to Hindi and vise varsa. Then what will happen here in English section? I am asking just for information. I may have missed past conversations in this regard. Please clarify.

Thanks,
MB

04 Sep 2015 13:51
gvshwnth
04 Sep 2015 13:51

Mukesh
This was discussed. This idea was suggested recently by “nathan” and it has also been raised earlier by others several months before.
I can’t recall who and when.

There are sections allotted to each of our major regional languages.
For any translation from any regional language to English, or Vice versa, we are expected to use the particular regional language section.
So why not for Hindi too?
Let all translation requests from Hindi to English and English to Hindi be posted in the Hindi section.
Using the English section is not logical. If we allow the English section to be used for posting Hindi translation requests then why not for all other regional languages too? The English section will become a miscellaneous dumping ground for all languages and the very purpose of having different sections for different languages will be defeated.

Many persons do not know Hindi well enough to guide other people .
But they are good at English. At present they have to wade through several postings in the English section, and skip those with Hindi content to see if they can contribute anything useful.

So it was thought that it would be a good idea to keep the English section only for posts regarding grammar, usage, spelling, idioms, meanings of complicated or difficult sentences etc in English language which do not involve any translation from or to any Regional language. Those who have prepared drafts of their mails, or letters in English,  to be used in their offices and who want to get them checked can also use this section.

This will reduce the number of posts in the English language section and may even attract more participation from members who are good at Englsh and who are willing to spare some time to help others in learning English. They will find that they can read,  understand and participate in all the posts in the English language section. We may even attract foreign native speakers of the English language. There was at least one before, from Britain, who was monitoring this forum and helping people with the English language, but he did not know any Hindi. Such people have vanished. I am hoping they can be brought back.

I trust you will agree.
If you have a contrary opinion you are welcome to explain and offer your suggestions.

We can always review this decision. These are only recommendations and if there is too much difference of opinion or opposition, we can let the Administrator take a final decision.

Regards
GV

04 Sep 2015 14:15
Mukesh Bhalse
04 Sep 2015 14:15

Got it GV Sir and agree with you.

Thanks,
MB