Shabdkosh®

Language Support Forums | भाषा सहयोग मंच

3 generation views on inter caste marriage

31 Aug 2015 17:41

supriya.17

Sir I m writing in English if you find any error please correct me…

My mother is orthodox, not so much but by tradition she follow most of the things. When I asked her what do you think intercaste marriage is ok? She says no, we are living in a society there are certain rules and regulations which we have to follow otherwise what will others think. We have good reputation in society.Everyone should respect their rituals and customs and should follow them. Its not just a relation between bride and grooms its a big connection between two extended families.
Later she said it is ok if they are comfortable with each other everyone has their own choice. Then I asked her what if I want to do then immediately a big NO came from her..

My father is not against Intercaste marriage but still he prefer marrying in same caste. He thinks different caste have different life style, customs, rituals, food habbits people will more comfortable to follow their rituals instead of others.

My grandmother is no more now she passed away 10 months before but she was very cool about all these things. Although she was illiterate but her thought was like any way society will say something do good or bad. She used to tell us if u like someone marry him but he shouldn’t be stupid. 😛

I have one brother and sister they are very open. Their view is that if people like each other company they should get married we should not bring caste in between.

31 Aug 2015 20:21
gvshwnth
31 Aug 2015 20:21

I have edited your post.
GV
=====================

My mother is not so orthodox, but she is rather traditional in most matters.
When I asked her whether she thought that inter-caste marriage is ok, she said no.
We are living in a society there are certain rules and regulations which we have to follow otherwise what will others think?
We have a good reputation in society.Everyone should respect their rituals and customs and should follow them.
It is not just a relation between the bride and groom. It is a big bond between two extended families.

Later she said it is ok if they are comfortable with each other. Each one must make his own choice.
Then I asked her what if I chose to do it ? Then immediately she responded with a big NO.

My father is not against Inter-caste marriage but still he prefers marrying in same caste. He thinks different castes have different life styles, customs, rituals, food habits and people will more comfortable to follow their rituals instead of the rituals of others.

My grandmother is no more now. She passed away 10 months before but she was very cool about all these things.
Although she was illiterate,  her thinking was that, anyway society will say something good or bad.
She used to tell us if you like someone,  marry him but he shouldn’t be stupid.

I have one brother and sister and they are very open.
Their view is that if people like each other’s company they should get married and we should not bring caste in between.
====