Shabdkosh®

Language Support Forums | भाषा सहयोग मंच

Into Hindi

07 May 2015 09:08

Raj86

Without self-discipline, you will not set clear goals, manage your time efectively, treat people well, persist through the tough times, care for your health or think positive thoughts.

07 May 2015 09:21
07 May 2015 09:21

Without self-discipline,
-बिना आत्म अनुशासन के,

you will not set clear goals,
-आप अपना स्पष्ट लक्ष्य नहीं तय कर पाएंगे,

manage your time efectively,
-अपने समय का प्रबंधन प्रभावी ढंग से करे,

treat people well,
-लोगो के साथ अच्छा व्यवहार करे, 

persist through the tough times,
- ??

care for your health or think positive thoughts.
- अपने स्वास्थ्य का ध्यान रखे और सकारात्मक विचार सोचे।

07 May 2015 09:26
narmaprem
07 May 2015 09:26

खुद को अनुशासित किए बिना आप स्पष्ट रूप से लक्ष्य निर्धारित नहीं करेंगे/कर सकते, अपने समय का सही प्रबंधन/सदुपयोग करें, लोगों से अच्छा बर्ताव करें, मुश्किल घडियों में डटे रहें, अपनी  सेहत का खयाल रखें या मन में सकारात्मक विचार लाएं।

07 May 2015 09:56
Jagdish2014
07 May 2015 09:56
narmaprem - 07 May 2015 09:26

खुद को अनुशासित किए बिना आप स्पष्ट रूप से लक्ष्य निर्धारित नहीं करेंगे/कर सकते, अपने समय का सही प्रबंधन/सदुपयोग करें, लोगों से अच्छा बर्ताव करें, मुश्किल घडियों में डटे रहें, अपनी  सेहत का खयाल रखें या मन में सकारात्मक विचार लाएं।

––––
बढ़िया.
Regards
Jagdish

07 May 2015 10:00
gvshwnth
07 May 2015 10:00

@narmaprem,
Your translation is correct except for this observation.
It is perfect if in the original sentence there was a full stop after “.... set clear goals”  and the rest had been separate from these initial few words.

That is if the original sentence had been:
Without self-discipline, you will not set clear goals.
Manage your time effectively, treat people well, persist through the tough times, care for your health or think positive thoughts.

But it appears to me that “Without self-discipline, you will not…” applies to the second part and latter parts also.
In which case I suggest the translation should be modified as follows;

खुद को अनुशासित किए बिना आप स्पष्ट रूप से लक्ष्य निर्धारित नहीं करेंगे, अपने समय का सही प्रबंधन/सदुपयोग नहीं करेंगे, लोगों से अच्छा बर्ताव नहीं करेंगे, मुश्किल घडियों में डटे नहीं रहेंगे, अपनी  सेहत का खयाल नहीं रखेंगे या मन में सकारात्मक विचार नहीं लाएंगे।

Please review and let me know if you agree.
Regards
GV

07 May 2015 10:18
Raj86
07 May 2015 10:18

Dear GV SIR Book mein jaisa tha main vaisa hi type kiya hai!
All sentence from the book of Robin sharma called
who will cry when you die

07 May 2015 10:27
gvshwnth
07 May 2015 10:27

I have no issue with the translation!
It is excellent. But I wonder what the original context is.
If there is no full stop in the sentence after “set clear goals” then I feel that all the sentences are to be “negative” rather than positive.
I mean that the phrase “Without self-discipline, you will not…” applies to all the subsequent sentences.

Regards
GV

07 May 2015 11:16
narmaprem
07 May 2015 11:16

I agree Guru Ji. The full stop is not there in the sentence after “Set clear goals” so “Without self-discipline, you will not…” applies to the second part also.
Mine was a small overlooking but I think in translation this will change the whole meaning of the sentence.
Thank you sir for guiding. I will be more cautious in the future.