19 Aug 2021 12:45
Poll

This site should stop forcing Adblock Removal warning on users
Yes 2
No 0
Don’t know 1
Total Votes: 3
You must be a logged-in member to vote
This site you had created, but it had contributions of millions of users over the decades.

The users had no problems if you are earning money from it, by showing ads.

But if you limit the functionality of the site by showing an AdBlock warning that occupies large area of the screen and just cannot go away, it restricts users, it reduces the area visible to users, and it hides things displayed behind it, I as a user do have a problem

I had been using this site from day one, and have been noticing you becoming greedy and greedier. We users mostly allow free sites to earn money by showing simple advertizing, but the ads kept on increasing, and there were lot many ads, wasting users bandwidth and time and diverting attention.

So it was your greed that made me use adblock eventually.

And now you are not allowing site to run properly until and unless adblock is disabled or removed.

No sir, I would rather stop using using your site and will go to other site, but I cannot let you intrude in my way of working in my browser. It is not you but the users who made this site so useful and mamooth. You alone could not have done it.

It is shameful that you are becoming the owner of this site, making millions of contributing users a slave of yours.

The image we can attach to a post gives warning "Error Message: Images must not exceed a width of 800 pixels by 600 pixels", but you will happily show much larger warning, screenshot of what cannot be attached to this post? What a miracle.

Sad for your cheapness.

Thanks.

20 Aug 2021 00:41
SHABDKOSH
20 Aug 2021 00:41
Dear Mr. Rawat,

We have not installed any Adblock prevention system on this site ever. About 20% users have Adblock installed and we do not block them. It is possible that Google advertising has an ad block detection system. But we have not implemented or enabled any such system.

We have operated this website for almost about 18 years now. Yes, we have had contributions from many users but that number is in hundreds and not in millions. We have served hundreds of millions of users, and shown details of words many billions of times. All of this is without charging even a rupee from anyone.

Regarding increasing advertising, please realise that the revenue earned per ad has been decreasing for many years now. That’s why, even Google search has increasing number of ads in last few years. Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn have been showing more and more ads. Most newspaper sites are increasing ads as the revenues from each are declining.

You can call it greed. It’s your choice. But it costs real money to operate the servers, to build and update the website, and to build and maintain the apps. We pay salaries to our engineers and content creators and everyone needs to earn a living.

Please also consider the reasons why hardly any company from India is able to build a software product that sustains solely on revenues from within India. They either need foreign capital/investments or foreign customers. That’s because we tend to call those earning a living by a website and app as greedy and cheap.

If you would like to stop ads, we also have a method to shut all ads through low cost subscription. It is still under testing, but available to try at https://www.shabdkosh.com/payments/subscribe. Please consider subscribing.

If not, you are welcome to use the ad blocker. We have not implemented any mechanism to block the users who use ad blocker.

Thanks.

20 Aug 2021 13:32
vsrawat
20 Aug 2021 13:32
The huge full width notice is appearing on your site only, and no where else. (FF, w8.1)

No other agency has any interest or need to make that appear on your site.

If you are not telling outright lie, you would be intrigued to find out why is it appearing and who could have done it.

Thanks.
--
Rawat

20 Aug 2021 14:27
SHABDKOSH
20 Aug 2021 14:27
It would be better if you had sent this screenshot in the first complaint instead of using tasteless language and just making allegations. We already asked our ad provider yesterday itself about whether their code is creating any ad blocker related pop up. Once a response is received, I will update on this thread. Thanks.

20 Aug 2021 16:49
SHABDKOSH
20 Aug 2021 16:49
This message that you see in the footer is part of the Google's implementation of compliance with GDPR and privacy related consent requirements. The websites that are not showing this do not have GDPR compliance related support implementation.

We will try and find if it is possible to turn the ad blocker detection off without turning off GDPR and cookie compliance.
If so, we will turn this off so you can use the site for zero cost to you.

Thanks.