short - Meaning in Hindi
short Word Forms & Inflectionsshorter (adjective comparative)
shortest (adjective superlative)
shorts (noun plural)
shorted (verb past tense)
shorting (verb present participle)
shorts (verb present tense)
Definitions and Meaning of short in English
- low in stature; not tall
अल्प, छोटी, थोड़ा
- "a little man"
- "a short smokestack"
- "he was short and stocky"
- "short in stature"
- less than the correct or legal or full amount often deliberately so
light, light, scant
कुछ कम, ...Subscribe
- "a light pound"
- "a scant cup of sugar"
- "regularly gives short weight"
- of insufficient quantity to meet a need
inadequate, jejune, poor
- "a poor salary"
- "an inadequate income"
- "food is in short supply"
- "money is short"
- "on short rations"
- "short on experience"
- "the jejune diets of the very poor"
- marked by rude or peremptory shortness
brusk, brusque, curt, curt
- "a curt reply"
- "the salesgirl was very short with him"
- "try to cultivate a less brusque manner"
- tending to crumble or break into flakes due to a large amount of shortening
- "a short flaky pie crust"
- "shortbread is a short crumbly cookie"
- (primarily spatial sense) having little length or lacking in length
- "a short toss"
- "short hair"
- "short skirts"
- "the board was a foot short"
- primarily temporal sense; indicating or being or seeming to be limited in duration
- "a short flight"
- "a short holiday"
- "a short life"
- "a short story"
- "only a few short months"
- of speech sounds or syllables of relatively short duration
- "the English vowel sounds in `pat', `pet', `pit', `pot', putt' are short"
- not holding securities or commodities that one sells in expectation of a fall in prices
- "a short sale"
- "short in cotton"
- lacking foresight or scope
myopic, shortsighted, unforesightful
- "a short view of the problem"
- "myopic thinking"
- "shortsighted critics derided the plan"
- "shortsighted policies"
- (of memory) deficient in retentiveness or range
- "a short memory"
- in a curt, abrupt and discourteous manner
- "he said shortly that he didn't like it"
- "he talked short with everyone"
- "he told me curtly to get on with it"
- without possessing something at the time it is contractually sold
- "he made his fortune by selling short just before the crash"
- at a disadvantage
- "I was caught short"
- so as to interrupt
- "She took him up short before he could continue"
- at some point or distance before a goal is reached
- "he fell short of our expectations"
- clean across
- "the car's axle snapped short"
- quickly and without warning
abruptly, dead, suddenly
- "he stopped suddenly"
- accidental contact between two points in an electric circuit that have a potential difference
- the location on a baseball field where the shortstop is stationed
- the fielding position of the player on a baseball team who is stationed between second and third base
- cheat someone by not returning him enough money
- create a short circuit in
Synonyms of short
- short circuit
- brusk, brusque, curt
- myopic, shortsighted, unforesightful
- forgetful, unretentive
- inadequate, jejune, poor
- light, scant
- abruptly, dead, suddenly
- curtly, shortly
Antonyms of short
More matches for short
short distance छोटी दूरी short term लघु अवधि short time अल्पावधि short period लघु अवधि short time कम समय short story लघुकथा short story कहनी short story गल्प short story कहानी short story अफ़साना
Words starting with
What is short meaning in Hindi?
The word or phrase short refers to low in stature; not tall, or less than the correct or legal or full amount often deliberately so, or of insufficient quantity to meet a need, or marked by rude or peremptory shortness, or tending to crumble or break into flakes due to a large amount of shortening, or (primarily spatial sense) having little length or lacking in length, or in a curt, abrupt and discourteous manner, or accidental contact between two points in an electric circuit that have a potential difference, or cheat someone by not returning him enough money. See short meaning in Hindi, short definition, translation and meaning of short in Hindi. Find short similar words, short synonyms. Also learn short opposite words, short antonyms. Learn and practice the pronunciation of short. Find the answer of what is the meaning of short in Hindi. देखें short का हिन्दी मतलब, short का मीनिंग, short का हिन्दी अर्थ, short का हिन्दी अनुवाद।
Tags for the entry "short"
What is short meaning in Hindi, short translation in Hindi, short definition, pronunciations and examples of short in Hindi. short का हिन्दी मीनिंग, short का हिन्दी अर्थ, short का हिन्दी अनुवादShabdkosh Premium
Ad-free experience & much more
Vocabulary & Quizzes
Try our vocabulary lists and quizzes.
Liked WordsLogin to get your liked words.