paint - Meaning in Punjabi
paint - Meaning in Punjabi
Sorry, exact match is not available in the bilingual dictionary.
We are constantly improving our dictionaries. Still, it is possible that some words are not available. You can ask other members in forums, or send us email. We will try and help.
Definitions and Meaning of paint in English
- a substance used as a coating to protect or decorate a surface (especially a mixture of pigment suspended in a liquid); dries to form a hard coating
- "artists use `paint' and `pigment' interchangeably"
- makeup consisting of a pink or red powder applied to the cheeks
- (basketball) a space (including the foul line) in front of the basket at each end of a basketball court; usually painted a different color from the rest of the court
- "he dominates play in the paint"
- "he hit a jump shot from the top of the key"
- apply paint to; coat with paint
- "We painted the rooms yellow"
- apply a liquid to; e.g., paint the gutters with linseed oil
- make a painting of
- "He painted his mistress many times"
- make a painting
- "He painted a painting of the garden"
- "he painted all day in the garden"
Paint is any pigmented liquid, liquefiable, or solid mastic composition that, after application to a substrate in a thin layer, converts to a solid film. It is most commonly used to protect, color, or provide texture. Paint can be made in many colors—and in many different types. Paint is typically stored, sold, and applied as a liquid, but most types dry into a solid. Most paints are either oil-based or water-based and each has distinct characteristics. For one, it is illegal in most municipalities to discard oil-based paint down household drains or sewers. Clean-up solvents are also different for water-based paint than they are for oil-based paint. Water-based paints and oil-based paints will cure differently based on the outside ambient temperature of the object being painted Usually, the object being painted must be over 10 °C (50 °F), although some manufacturers of external paints/primers claim they can be applied when temperatures are as low as 2 °C (35 °F).Also see "Paint" on Wikipedia
Ad-free experience & much more
Homophones vs Homographs vs Homonyms
Must read books by Ruskin Bond
Tips to practice grammar effectively
Basic rules of grammar
What is another word for paint ?
Words starting with
What is paint meaning in Punjabi?
The word or phrase paint refers to a substance used as a coating to protect or decorate a surface (especially a mixture of pigment suspended in a liquid); dries to form a hard coating, or makeup consisting of a pink or red powder applied to the cheeks, or (basketball) a space (including the foul line) in front of the basket at each end of a basketball court; usually painted a different color from the rest of the court, or apply paint to; coat with paint, or apply a liquid to; e.g., paint the gutters with linseed oil, or make a painting of. See paint meaning in Punjabi, paint definition, translation and meaning of paint in Punjabi. Find paint similar words, paint synonyms. Learn and practice the pronunciation of paint. Find the answer of what is the meaning of paint in Punjabi.
Other languages: paint meaning in Hindi
Tags for the entry "paint"
What is paint meaning in Punjabi, paint translation in Punjabi, paint definition, pronunciations and examples of paint in Punjabi.
Vocabulary & Quizzes
Try our vocabulary lists and quizzes.