dash - Meaning in Punjabi
dash - Meaning in Punjabi
Sorry, exact match is not available in the bilingual dictionary.
We are constantly improving our dictionaries. Still, it is possible that some words are not available. You can ask other members in forums, or send us email. We will try and help.
Definitions and Meaning of dash in English
- a quick run
- the act of moving with great haste
- "he made a dash for the door"
- distinctive and stylish elegance
elan, flair, panache, style
- "he wooed her with the confident dash of a cavalry officer"
- the longer of the two telegraphic signals used in Morse code
- a punctuation mark (-) used between parts of a compound word or between the syllables of a word when the word is divided at the end of a line of text
- a footrace run at top speed
- "he is preparing for the 100-yard dash"
- add an enlivening or altering element to
- "blue paint dashed with white"
- break into pieces, as by striking or knocking over
- "Smash a plate"
- hurl or thrust violently
- "He dashed the plate against the wall"
- "Waves were dashing against the rock"
- cause to lose courage
daunt, frighten away, frighten off, pall, pall, scare away, scare off, scare
- "dashed by the refusal"
- run or move very quickly or hastily
dart, dart, flash, scoot, scud, scud, shoot
- "She dashed into the yard"
- destroy or break
- "dashed ambitions and hopes"
The dash is a punctuation mark consisting of a long horizontal line. It is similar in appearance to the hyphen but is longer and sometimes higher from the baseline. The most common versions are the en dash –, generally longer than the hyphen but shorter than the minus sign; the em dash —, longer than either the en dash or the minus sign; and the horizontal bar ―, whose length varies across typefaces but tends to be between those of the en and em dashes.Also see "Dash" on Wikipedia
Ad-free experience & much more
Must read books by Ruskin Bond
Learn to pronounce these difficult words in English
Basic conversation skills (for Hindi learners)
Writing complex sentences in English (For beginners)
What is another word for dash ?
Words starting with
What is dash meaning in Punjabi?
The word or phrase dash refers to a quick run, or the act of moving with great haste, or distinctive and stylish elegance, or the longer of the two telegraphic signals used in Morse code, or a punctuation mark (-) used between parts of a compound word or between the syllables of a word when the word is divided at the end of a line of text, or a footrace run at top speed, or add an enlivening or altering element to. See dash meaning in Punjabi, dash definition, translation and meaning of dash in Punjabi. Find dash similar words, dash synonyms. Learn and practice the pronunciation of dash. Find the answer of what is the meaning of dash in Punjabi.
Other languages: dash meaning in Hindi
Tags for the entry "dash"
What is dash meaning in Punjabi, dash translation in Punjabi, dash definition, pronunciations and examples of dash in Punjabi.
Vocabulary & Quizzes
Try our vocabulary lists and quizzes.