makes - Meaning in Marathi
makes - Meaning in Marathi
Sorry, exact match is not available in the bilingual dictionary.
We are constantly improving our dictionaries. Still, it is possible that some words are not available. You can ask other members in forums, or send us email. We will try and help.
Definitions and Meaning of makes in English
- a recognizable kind
- "there's a new brand of hero in the movies now"
- "what make of car is that?"
- the act of mixing cards haphazardly
- make by combining materials and parts
- "Some eccentric constructed an electric brassiere warmer"
- "this little pig made his house out of straw"
- undergo fabrication or creation
- "This wool makes into a nice sweater"
- prepare for eating by applying heat
cook, cook, fix, prepare, ready, ready
- "can you make me an omelette?"
- "Cook me dinner, please"
- "fix breakfast for the guests, please"
- organize or be responsible for
give, give, have, hold, throw
- "give a course"
- "have, throw, or make a party"
- "hold a reception"
- gather and light the materials for
- "make a fire"
- perform or carry out
- "make a decision"
- "make a move"
- "make a phone call"
- "make advances"
- reach a destination, either real or abstract
arrive at, attain, gain, hit, reach, reach
- "I have to hit the MAC machine before the weekend starts"
- "The water reached the doorstep"
- "We barely made it to the finish line"
- "We hit Detroit by noon"
- reach in time
- "We barely made the plane"
- reach a goal
get to, progress to, reach, reach
- "make the first team"
- "She may not make the grade"
- "We made it!"
- proceed along a path
- "make one's way into the forest"
- "work one's way through the crowd"
- head into a specified direction
- "The escaped convict took to the hills"
- "We made for the mountains"
- appear to begin an activity
- "He made to speak but said nothing in the end"
- "She made as if to say hello to us"
- earn on some commercial or business transaction; earn as salary or wages
bring in, clear, earn, earn, gain, pull in, realise, realize, take in
- "He clears $5,000 each month"
- "How much do you make a month in your new job?"
- "She earns a lot in her new job"
- "this merger brought in lots of money"
- achieve a point or goal
- "Nicklaus had a 70"
- "She made 29 points that day"
- "The Brazilian team got 4 goals"
- charge with a function; charge to be
name, name, nominate
- "She was made president of the club"
- "She was named Head of the Committee"
- engage in
- "do nothing"
- "do research"
- "make an effort"
- "make love, not war"
- "make revolution"
- carry out or commit
- "commit a faux-pas"
- "make a mistake"
- form by assembling individuals or constituents
- "Make a quorum"
- constitute the essence of
- "Clothes make the man"
- to compose or represent
constitute, form, form, form
- "The branches made a roof"
- "This makes a fine introduction"
- "This wall forms the background of the stage setting"
- amount to
- "This salary increase makes no difference to my standard of living"
- be or be capable of being changed or made into
- "He makes a great host"
- "He will make a fine father"
- add up to
- "four and four make eight"
- be suitable for
- "Wood makes good furniture"
- consider as being
- "It wasn't the problem some people made it"
- act in a certain way so as to acquire
- "make enemies"
- "make friends"
- eliminate urine
make water, micturate, pass water, pee-pee, pee, piddle, piss, puddle, puddle, relieve oneself, spend a penny, take a leak, urinate, wee-wee, wee
- "Again, the cat had made on the expensive rug"
- have a bowel movement
ca-ca, crap, defecate, shit, stool, take a crap, take a shit
- "The dog had made in the flower beds"
- behave in a certain way
- "make merry"
- give certain properties to something
- "Don't make this into a big deal"
- "get someone mad"
- "He made a fool of himself at the meeting"
- "Make yourself clear"
- "She made us look silly"
- "This invention will make you a millionaire"
- put in order or neaten
- "make the bed"
- "make up a room"
- develop into
- "He will make a splendid father!"
- change from one form into another
- "make clay into bricks"
- "make lead into gold"
- "make water into wine"
- favor the development of
- "Practice makes the winner"
- cause to be enjoyable or pleasurable
- "make my day"
- institute, enact, or establish
establish, lay down
- "make laws"
- calculate as being
- "I make the height about 100 feet"
- make by shaping or bringing together constituents
- "make a cake"
- "make a dress"
- "make a wall of stones"
- make, formulate, or derive in the mind
- "draw a conclusion"
- "draw parallels"
- "I draw a line here"
- "make an estimate"
- "What do you make of his remarks?"
- cause to do; cause to act in a specified manner
cause, get, have, induce, stimulate
- "My children finally got me to buy a computer"
- "My wife made me buy a new sofa"
- "The ads induced me to buy a VCR"
- represent fictitiously, as in a play, or pretend to be or act like
make believe, pretend
- "She makes like an actress"
- assure the success of
- "A good review by this critic will make your play!"
- induce to have sex
- "Did you score last night?"
- "Harry finally seduced Sally"
- "Harry made Sally"
- make or cause to be or to become
- "create a furor"
- "make a mess in one's office"
- create or design, often in a certain way
- "Do my room in blue"
- "I did this piece in wood to express my love for the forest"
- create or manufacture a man-made product
- "The company has been making toys for two centuries"
- "We produce more cars than we can sell"
- create by artistic means
- "Auden made verses"
- "create a poem"
- "Picasso created Cubism"
- "Schoenberg created twelve-tone music"
- give rise to; cause to happen or occur, not always intentionally
cause, do, do
- "cause a commotion"
- "cause an accident"
- "make a stir"
- compel or make somebody or something to act in a certain way
- "Heat makes you sweat"
- "People cannot be made to integrate just by passing a law!"
Ad-free experience & much more
Difference between I and Me
20 important phrases to learn in Hindi
Types of sentences
French words used in English
What is another word for makes ?
Words starting with
What is makes meaning in Marathi?
The word or phrase makes refers to a recognizable kind, or the act of mixing cards haphazardly, or make by combining materials and parts, or undergo fabrication or creation, or prepare for eating by applying heat, or organize or be responsible for. See makes meaning in Marathi, makes definition, translation and meaning of makes in Marathi. Find makes similar words, makes synonyms. Also learn makes opposite words, makes antonyms. Learn and practice the pronunciation of makes. Find the answer of what is the meaning of makes in Marathi.
Other languages: makes meaning in Hindi
Tags for the entry "makes"
What is makes meaning in Marathi, makes translation in Marathi, makes definition, pronunciations and examples of makes in Marathi.
Vocabulary & Quizzes
Try our vocabulary lists and quizzes.