aper - Meaning in Konkani
ape Word Forms & Inflections
Definitions and Meaning of ape in English
- any of various primates with short tails or no tail at all
- person who resembles a nonhuman primate
- someone who copies the words or behavior of another
aper, copycat, emulator, imitator
- represent in or produce a caricature of
- "The drawing caricatured the President"
- imitate uncritically and in every aspect
- "Her little brother apes her behavior"
Synonyms of ape
Apes are a clade of Old World simians native to sub-Saharan Africa and Southeast Asia, which together with its sister group Cercopithecidae form the catarrhine clade, cladistically making them monkeys. Apes do not have tails due to a mutation of the TBXT gene. In traditional and non-scientific use, the term ape can include tailless primates taxonomically considered Cercopithecidae, and is thus not equivalent to the scientific taxon Hominoidea. There are two extant branches of the superfamily Hominoidea: the gibbons, or lesser apes; and the hominids, or great apes.
- The family Hylobatidae, the lesser apes, include four genera and a total of 20 species of gibbon, including the lar gibbon and the siamang, all native to Asia. They are highly arboreal and bipedal on the ground. They have lighter bodies and smaller social groups than great apes.
- The family Hominidae (hominids), the great apes, include four genera comprising three extant species of orangutans and their subspecies, two extant species of gorillas and their subspecies, two extant species of panins and their subspecies, and humans in a single extant subspecies.
More matches for ape
aperture भेद aperture फूट aperture बुराक aperture फाळणी aperture मूख aperture चीर aperture छेद aperture छिद्र aperture रंध
Words starting with
What is aper meaning in Konkani?
The word or phrase aper refers to any of various primates with short tails or no tail at all, or person who resembles a nonhuman primate, or someone who copies the words or behavior of another, or represent in or produce a caricature of, or imitate uncritically and in every aspect. See aper meaning in Konkani, aper definition, translation and meaning of aper in Konkani. Find aper similar words, aper synonyms. Learn and practice the pronunciation of aper. Find the answer of what is the meaning of aper in Konkani.
Other languages: aper meaning in Hindi
Tags for the entry "aper"
What is aper meaning in Konkani, aper translation in Konkani, aper definition, pronunciations and examples of aper in Konkani.
Ad-free experience & much more
Learn to pronounce these difficult words in EnglishAdd something new to your language every time you speak. These words might help you upgrade your language knowledge. Read more »
Vocabulary & Quizzes
Try our vocabulary lists and quizzes.