work - Meaning in Hindi
Sorry, exact match is not available in the bilingual dictionary.
We are constantly improving our dictionaries. Still, it is possible that some words are not available. You can ask other members in forums, or send us email. We will try and help.
Definitions and Meaning of work in English
- the occupation for which you are paid
आजीविका, उद्यम, कर्म, काम, नियुक्ति, नौकरी
- "a lot of people are out of work"
- "he is looking for employment"
- the total output of a writer or artist (or a substantial part of it)
body of work, oeuvre
- "he studied the entire Wagnerian oeuvre"
- "Picasso's work can be divided into periods"
- a product produced or accomplished through the effort or activity or agency of a person or thing
piece of work
- "erosion is the work of wind or water over time"
- "he was indebted to the pioneering work of John Dewey"
- "it is not regarded as one of his more memorable works"
- "the symphony was hailed as an ingenious work"
- "the work of an active imagination"
- a place where work is done
- "he arrived at work early today"
- applying the mind to learning and understanding a subject (especially by reading)
- "mastering a second language requires a lot of work"
- "no schools offer graduate study in interior design"
- (physics) a manifestation of energy; the transfer of energy from one physical system to another expressed as the product of a force and the distance through which it moves a body in the direction of that force
- "work equals force times distance"
- activity directed toward making or doing something
- "she checked several points needing further work"
- move in an agitated manner
- "His fingers worked with tension"
- behave in a certain way when handled
- "The soft metal works well"
- "This dough does not work easily"
- proceed along a path
- "make one's way into the forest"
- "work one's way through the crowd"
- provoke or excite
- "The rock musician worked the crowd of young girls into a frenzy"
- proceed towards a goal or along a path or through an activity
- "She was working on her second martini when the guests arrived"
- "Start from the bottom and work towards the top"
- "work your way through every problem or task"
- cause to work
put to work
- "he is working his servants hard"
- be employed
- "Do you want to work after the age of 60?"
- "Is your husband working again?"
- "My wife never worked"
- "She never did any work because she inherited a lot of money"
- "She works as a waitress to put herself through college"
- exert oneself by doing mental or physical work for a purpose or out of necessity
- "I will work hard to improve my grades"
- "she worked hard for better living conditions for the poor"
- cause to operate or function
- "Can you work an electric drill?"
- "This pilot works the controls"
- operate in or through
- "Work the phones"
- have an effect or outcome; often the one desired or expected
- "How does your idea work in practice?"
- "The breaks of my new car act quickly"
- "The medicine works only if you take it with a lot of water"
- "The voting process doesn't work as well as people thought"
- "This method doesn't work"
- have and exert influence or effect
act upon, influence
- "She worked on her friends to support the political candidate"
- "The artist's work influenced the young painter"
- operate in a certain place, area, or specialty
- "She works the night clubs"
- "The salesman works the Midwest"
- "This artist works mostly in acrylics"
- gratify and charm, usually in order to influence
- "the political candidate worked the crowds"
- prepare for crops
- "cultivate the land"
- "Work the soil"
- shape, form, or improve a material
process, work on
- "process iron"
- "work stone into tools"
- "work the metal"
- make something, usually for a specific function
forge, form, form, form, mold, mould, shape, shape, shape
- "Form cylinders from the dough"
- "shape a figure"
- "She molded the rice balls carefully"
- "Work the metal into a sword"
- cause to happen or to occur as a consequence
bring, bring, make for, play, wreak
- "bring comments"
- "I cannot work a miracle"
- "play a joke"
- "The rain brought relief to the drought-stricken area"
- "wreak havoc"
- move into or onto
- "the student worked a few jokes into his presentation"
- "work the body onto the flatbed truck"
- "work the raisins into the dough"
- perform as expected when applied
function, go, go, operate, run
- "Does this old car still run well?"
- "The washing machine won't go unless it's plugged in"
- "This old radio doesn't work anymore"
- make uniform
- "knead dough"
- "work the clay until it is soft"
- use or manipulate to one's advantage
- "He exploit the new taxation system"
- "he works his parents for sympathy"
- "She knows how to work the system"
- find the solution to (a problem or question) or understand the meaning of
figure out, lick, lick, puzzle out, solve, work out
- "did you get it?"
- "Did you get my meaning?"
- "did you solve the problem?"
- "He could not work the math problem"
- "this unpleasant situation isn't going to work itself out"
- "Work out your problems with the boss"
- cause to undergo fermentation
- "The vintner worked the wine in big oak vats"
- "We ferment the grapes for a very long time to achieve high alcohol content"
- go sour or spoil
ferment, sour, sour, turn
- "The cream has turned--we have to throw it out"
- "The milk has soured"
- "The wine worked"
- arrive at a certain condition through repeated motion
- "The stitches of the hem worked loose after she wore the skirt many times"
- give a workout to
exercise, work out
- "My personal trainer works me hard"
- "Some parents exercise their infants"
- "this puzzle will exercise your mind"
- "work one's muscles"
Words starting with
What is work meaning in Hindi?
The word or phrase work refers to the occupation for which you are paid, or the total output of a writer or artist (or a substantial part of it), or a product produced or accomplished through the effort or activity or agency of a person or thing, or a place where work is done, or applying the mind to learning and understanding a subject (especially by reading), or (physics) a manifestation of energy; the transfer of energy from one physical system to another expressed as the product of a force and the distance through which it moves a body in the direction of that force, or move in an agitated manner. See work meaning in Hindi, work definition, translation and meaning of work in Hindi. Find work similar words, work synonyms. Also learn work opposite words, work antonyms. Learn and practice the pronunciation of work. Find the answer of what is the meaning of work in Hindi. देखें work का हिन्दी मतलब, work का मीनिंग, work का हिन्दी अर्थ, work का हिन्दी अनुवाद।
Tags for the entry "work"
What is work meaning in Hindi, work translation in Hindi, work definition, pronunciations and examples of work in Hindi. work का हिन्दी मीनिंग, work का हिन्दी अर्थ, work का हिन्दी अनुवाद
Ad-free experience & much more