support - Meaning in Hindi
support Word Forms & Inflections
supports (noun plural)
supported (verb past tense)
supporting (verb present participle)
supports (verb present tense)
Definitions and Meaning of support in English
- a military operation (often involving new supplies of men and materiel) to strengthen a military force or aid in the performance of its mission
- "they called for artillery support"
- the act of bearing the weight of or strengthening
- "he leaned against the wall for support"
- aiding the cause or policy or interests of
- "the president no longer has the support of his own party"
- "they developed a scheme of mutual support"
- the activity of providing for or maintaining by supplying with money or necessities
- "his support kept the family together"
- "they gave him emotional support during difficult times"
- any device that bears the weight of another thing
- "there was no place to attach supports for a shelf"
- supporting structure that holds up or provides a foundation
- "the statue stood on a marble support"
- something providing immaterial assistance to a person or cause or interest
- "his faith was all the support he needed"
- "the policy found little public support"
- "the team enjoyed the support of their fans"
- a musical part (vocal or instrumental) that supports or provides background for other musical parts
accompaniment, backup, backup, musical accompaniment
- the financial means whereby one lives
bread and butter, keep, livelihood, livelihood, living, sustenance, sustenance
- "each child was expected to pay for their keep"
- "he applied to the state for support"
- "he could no longer earn his own livelihood"
- financial resources provided to make some project possible
backing, financial backing, financial support, funding
- "the foundation provided support for the experiment"
- documentary validation
- "his documentation of the results was excellent"
- "the strongest support for this view is the work of Jones"
- support with evidence or authority or make more certain or confirm
bear out, corroborate, underpin
- "The stories and claims were born out by the evidence"
- give moral or psychological support, aid, or courage to
- "Her children always backed her up"
- "She supported him during the illness"
- be behind; approve of
back, endorse, indorse, plump for, plunk for
- "He plumped for the Labor Party"
- "I backed Kennedy in 1960"
- support materially or financially
- "he does not support his natural children"
- "The scholarship supported me when I was in college"
- play a subordinate role to (another performer)
- "Olivier supported Gielgud beautifully in the second act"
- be the physical support of; carry the weight of
hold up, hold, sustain
- "He supported me with one hand while I balanced on the beam"
- "The beam holds up the roof"
- "What's holding that mirror?"
- be a regular customer or client of
keep going, patronage, patronise, patronize
- "Our sponsor kept our art studio going for as long as he could"
- "We patronize this store"
- argue or speak in defense of
defend, fend for
- "She supported the motion to strike"
- adopt as a belief
- "I subscribe to your view on abortion"
- put up with something or somebody unpleasant
abide, bear, bear, brook, brook, digest, digest, endure, put up, stand, stick out, stomach, suffer, tolerate
- "he learned to tolerate the heat"
- "I cannot bear his constant criticism"
- "She stuck out two years in a miserable marriage"
- "The new secretary had to endure a lot of unprofessional remarks"
- establish or strengthen as with new evidence or facts
affirm, confirm, corroborate, substantiate, sustain
- "his story confirmed my doubts"
- "The evidence supports the defendant"
Synonyms of support
- reenforcement, reinforcement
- accompaniment, backup, musical accompaniment
- bread and butter, keep, livelihood, living, sustenance
- backing, financial backing, financial support, funding
- affirm, confirm, corroborate, substantiate, sustain
- abide, bear, brook, digest, endure, put up, stand, stick out, stomach, suffer, tolerate
- defend, fend for
- keep going, patronage, patronise, patronize
- hold, hold up, sustain
- back, endorse, indorse, plump for, plunk for
- back up
- bear out, corroborate, underpin
More matches for support
Words starting with
What is support meaning in Hindi?
The word or phrase support refers to a military operation (often involving new supplies of men and materiel) to strengthen a military force or aid in the performance of its mission, or the act of bearing the weight of or strengthening, or aiding the cause or policy or interests of, or the activity of providing for or maintaining by supplying with money or necessities, or any device that bears the weight of another thing, or supporting structure that holds up or provides a foundation, or support with evidence or authority or make more certain or confirm. See support meaning in Hindi, support definition, translation and meaning of support in Hindi. Find support similar words, support synonyms. Learn and practice the pronunciation of support. Find the answer of what is the meaning of support in Hindi. देखें support का हिन्दी मतलब, support का मीनिंग, support का हिन्दी अर्थ, support का हिन्दी अनुवाद।
Tags for the entry "support"
What is support meaning in Hindi, support translation in Hindi, support definition, pronunciations and examples of support in Hindi. support का हिन्दी मीनिंग, support का हिन्दी अर्थ, support का हिन्दी अनुवाद
Ad-free experience & much more