strike - Meaning in Hindi
- प्रहार करना+1
- पता लगाना
- दण्ड देना
- गिरा देना
- आक्रमण करना
- प्रभावित करना
- अंकित करना
- ठप्पा लगाना
- घूंसा मारना
- काट देना
- खोज निकालना
- प्रभावित होना
- चोट देना
- घर्षण द्वारा उत्पन्न करना
- चोट मारना
- हड़ताल पर चला जाना
- दंग रहना
- हड़ताल करना
- अचानक घटित होना
- पर गिरना
- हमदर्दी पैदा करना
- अचानक मन में आना
- पर टनटनाना
- सिक्के डालना
- अचानक मारना
- ज़ोर से मारना
- से टकराना
- काम छोड़ना
- प्रभाव करना
- मन में आना
- अचानक हमला करना
- दे मारना
strike Word Forms & Inflections
struck (verb past tense)
stricken, struck (verb past participle)
striking (verb present participle)
strikes (verb present tense)
Definitions and Meaning of strike in English
- (baseball) a pitch that the batter swings at and misses, or that the batter hits into foul territory, or that the batter does not swing at but the umpire judges to be in the area over home plate and between the batter's knees and shoulders
- "this pitcher throws more strikes than balls"
- a score in tenpins: knocking down all ten with the first ball
- "he finished with three strikes in the tenth frame"
- an attack that is intended to seize or inflict damage on or destroy an objective
- "the strike was scheduled to begin at dawn"
- a group's refusal to work in protest against low pay or bad work conditions
- "the strike lasted more than a month before it was settled"
- a gentle blow
rap, rap, tap, tap
- a conspicuous success
bang, bang, hit, smash, smasher
- "that new Broadway show is a real smasher"
- "that song was his first hit and marked the beginning of his career"
- "the party went with a bang"
- form by stamping, punching, or printing
- "strike a medal"
- "strike coins"
- touch or seem as if touching visually or audibly
fall, fall, shine
- "A strange sound struck my ears"
- "Light fell on her face"
- "The light struck the golden necklace"
- "The sun shone on the fields"
- disassemble a temporary structure, such as a tent or a theatrical set
- "after the show, we'll have to strike the set and pack up"
- produce by ignition or a blow
- "strike a match"
- "strike fire from the flintstone"
- have an emotional or cognitive impact upon
affect, impress, move
- "he was dumb-struck by the news"
- "her comments struck a sour note"
- "This behavior struck me as odd"
- "This child impressed me as unusually mature"
- occupy or take on
assume, take up, take
- "He assumes the lotus position"
- "She took her seat on the stage"
- "She took up her position behind the tree"
- "strike a pose"
- "We took our seats in the orchestra"
- drive something violently into a location
- "he hit his fist on the table"
- "she struck her head on the low ceiling"
- cause to experience suddenly
come to, hit
- "A thought came to me"
- "An interesting idea hit her"
- "Panic struck me"
- "The thought struck terror in our minds"
- "They were struck with fear"
- find unexpectedly
attain, chance on, chance upon, come across, come upon, discover, fall upon, happen upon, light upon
- "she struck a goldmine"
- "the archeologists chanced upon an old tomb"
- "The hikers finally struck the main path to the lake"
- stop work in order to press demands
- "The auto workers are striking for higher wages"
- "The employees walked out when their demand for better benefits was not met"
- "The horse finally struck a pace"
- remove by erasing or crossing out or as if by drawing a line
excise, expunge, scratch, scratch
- "Please strike this remark from the record"
- "scratch that remark"
- deliver a sharp blow, as with the hand, fist, or weapon
- "The boxer struck the attacker dead"
- "the opponent refused to strike"
- "The teacher struck the child"
- smooth with a strickle
- "strickle the grain in the measure"
- hit against; come into sudden contact with
collide with, hit, impinge on, run into
- "He struck the table with his elbow"
- "The car hit a tree"
- pierce with force
- "The bullet struck her thigh"
- "The icy wind struck through our coats"
- produce by manipulating keys or strings of musical instruments
- "strike `z' on the keyboard"
- "The pianist strikes a middle C"
- affect or afflict suddenly, usually adversely
- "He was stricken with cancer when he was still a teenager"
- "The earthquake struck at midnight"
- "We were hit by really bad weather"
- make a strategic, offensive, assault against an enemy, opponent, or a target
- "in the fifth inning, the Giants struck, sending three runners home to win the game 5 to 2"
- "The Germans struck Poland on Sept. 1, 1939"
- "We must strike the enemy's oil fields"
- indicate (a certain time) by striking
- "Just when I entered, the clock struck"
- "The clock struck midnight"
- arrive at after reckoning, deliberating, and weighing
- "strike a balance"
- "strike a bargain"
- cause to form (an electric arc) between electrodes of an arc lamp
- "strike an arc"
Synonyms of strike
- bang, hit, smash, smasher
- work stoppage
- rap, tap
- collide with, hit, impinge on, run into
- excise, expunge, scratch
- coin, mint
- affect, impress, move
- assume, take, take up
- come to, hit
- attain, chance on, chance upon, come across, come upon, discover, fall upon, happen upon, light upon
- walk out
- come to
- fall, shine
More matches for strike
Words starting with
What is strike meaning in Hindi?
The word or phrase strike refers to (baseball) a pitch that the batter swings at and misses, or that the batter hits into foul territory, or that the batter does not swing at but the umpire judges to be in the area over home plate and between the batter's knees and shoulders, or a score in tenpins: knocking down all ten with the first ball, or an attack that is intended to seize or inflict damage on or destroy an objective, or a group's refusal to work in protest against low pay or bad work conditions, or a gentle blow, or a conspicuous success, or form by stamping, punching, or printing. See strike meaning in Hindi, strike definition, translation and meaning of strike in Hindi. Find strike similar words, strike synonyms. Learn and practice the pronunciation of strike. Find the answer of what is the meaning of strike in Hindi. देखें strike का हिन्दी मतलब, strike का मीनिंग, strike का हिन्दी अर्थ, strike का हिन्दी अनुवाद।
Tags for the entry "strike"
What is strike meaning in Hindi, strike translation in Hindi, strike definition, pronunciations and examples of strike in Hindi. strike का हिन्दी मीनिंग, strike का हिन्दी अर्थ, strike का हिन्दी अनुवाद
Ad-free experience & much more