stand - Meaning in Hindi
Sorry, exact match is not available in the bilingual dictionary.
We are constantly improving our dictionaries. Still, it is possible that some words are not available. You can ask other members in forums, or send us email. We will try and help.
Definitions and Meaning of stand in English
- a stop made by a touring musical or theatrical group to give a performance
- "a one-night stand"
- a defensive effort
- "the army made a final stand at the Rhone"
- the position where a thing or person stands
- a growth of similar plants (usually trees) in a particular area
- "they cut down a stand of trees"
- an interruption of normal activity
- a mental position from which things are viewed
point of view, standpoint, viewpoint
- "teaching history gave him a special point of view toward current events"
- "we should consider this problem from the viewpoint of the Russians"
- a small table for holding articles of various kinds
- "a bedside stand"
- tiered seats consisting of a structure (often made of wood) where people can sit to watch an event (game or parade)
- a booth where articles are displayed for sale
sales booth, stall
- a support for displaying various articles
- "the newspapers were arranged on a rack"
- a support or foundation
base, base, pedestal
- "the base of the lamp"
- a platform where a (brass) band can play in the open air
bandstand, outdoor stage
- occupy a place or location, also metaphorically
- "We stand on common ground"
- remain inactive or immobile
- "standing water"
- be in effect; be or remain in force
- "The law stands!"
- be tall; have a height of; copula
- "She stands 6 feet tall"
- hold one's ground; maintain a position; be steadfast or upright
- "I am standing my ground and won't give in!"
- be in some specified state or condition
- "I stand corrected"
- put into an upright position
place upright, stand up
- "Can you stand the bookshelf up?"
- be standing; be upright
- "We had to stand for the entire performance!"
- be available for stud services
- "male domestic animals such as stallions serve selected females"
- withstand the force of something
- "stand the test of time"
- "The mountain climbers had to fend against the ice and snow"
- "The trees resisted her"
- have or maintain a position or stand on an issue
- "Where do you stand on the War?"
- put up with something or somebody unpleasant
abide, bear, bear, brook, brook, digest, digest, endure, put up, stick out, stomach, suffer, support, tolerate
- "he learned to tolerate the heat"
- "I cannot bear his constant criticism"
- "She stuck out two years in a miserable marriage"
- "The new secretary had to endure a lot of unprofessional remarks"
Words starting with
What is stand meaning in Hindi?
The word or phrase stand refers to a stop made by a touring musical or theatrical group to give a performance, or a defensive effort, or the position where a thing or person stands, or a growth of similar plants (usually trees) in a particular area, or an interruption of normal activity, or a mental position from which things are viewed, or occupy a place or location, also metaphorically. See stand meaning in Hindi, stand definition, translation and meaning of stand in Hindi. Find stand similar words, stand synonyms. Also learn stand opposite words, stand antonyms. Learn and practice the pronunciation of stand. Find the answer of what is the meaning of stand in Hindi. देखें stand का हिन्दी मतलब, stand का मीनिंग, stand का हिन्दी अर्थ, stand का हिन्दी अनुवाद।
Tags for the entry "stand"
What is stand meaning in Hindi, stand translation in Hindi, stand definition, pronunciations and examples of stand in Hindi. stand का हिन्दी मीनिंग, stand का हिन्दी अर्थ, stand का हिन्दी अनुवाद
Ad-free experience & much more