sign - Meaning in Hindi
sign Word Forms & Inflectionssigner (adjective comparative)
signs (noun plural)
signed (verb past tense)
signing (verb present participle)
signs (verb present tense)
Definitions and Meaning of sign in English
- used of the language of the deaf
gestural, sign-language, signed
- (medicine) any objective evidence of the presence of a disorder or disease
- "there were no signs of asphyxiation"
- structure displaying a board on which advertisements can be posted
- "the highway was lined with signboards"
- having an indicated pole (as the distinction between positive and negative electric charges)
- "charges of opposite sign"
- "he got the polarity of the battery reversed"
- (astrology) one of 12 equal areas into which the zodiac is divided
house, house, mansion, planetary house, sign of the zodiac, star sign
- an event that is experienced as indicating important things to come
augury, foretoken, preindication
- "he hoped it was an augury"
- "it was a sign from God"
- a fundamental linguistic unit linking a signifier to that which is signified
- "The bond between the signifier and the signified is arbitrary"
- a gesture that is part of a sign language
- a character indicating a relation between quantities
- "don't forget the minus sign"
- a public display of a message
- "he posted signs in all the shop windows"
- any nonverbal action or gesture that encodes a message
- "signals from the boat suddenly stopped"
- a perceptible indication of something not immediately apparent (as a visible clue that something has happened)
- "he showed signs of strain"
- "they welcomed the signs of spring"
- make the sign of the cross over someone in order to call on God for protection; consecrate
- be engaged by a written agreement
- "He signed to play the casino on Dec. 18"
- "The soprano signed to sing the new opera"
- communicate in sign language
- "I don't know how to sign, so I could not communicate with my deaf cousin"
- mark with one's signature; write one's name (on)
- "Please sign here"
- "She signed the letter and sent it off"
- communicate silently and non-verbally by signals or signs
signal, signalise, signalize
- "He signed his disapproval with a dismissive hand gesture"
- "The diner signaled the waiters to bring the menu"
- place signs, as along a road
- "sign an intersection"
- "This road has been signed"
- engage by written agreement
contract, sign on, sign up, sign up
- "They signed two new pitchers for the next season"
- approve and express assent, responsibility, or obligation
- "All parties ratified the peace treaty"
- "Have you signed your contract yet?"
Synonyms of sign
- signal, signaling
- augury, foretoken, preindication
- house, mansion, planetary house, sign of the zodiac, star sign
- signal, signalise, signalize
- contract, sign on, sign up
- gestural, sign-language, signed
More matches for sign
Words starting with
What is sign meaning in Hindi?
The word or phrase sign refers to used of the language of the deaf, or (medicine) any objective evidence of the presence of a disorder or disease, or structure displaying a board on which advertisements can be posted, or having an indicated pole (as the distinction between positive and negative electric charges), or (astrology) one of 12 equal areas into which the zodiac is divided, or an event that is experienced as indicating important things to come, or make the sign of the cross over someone in order to call on God for protection; consecrate. See sign meaning in Hindi, sign definition, translation and meaning of sign in Hindi. Find sign similar words, sign synonyms. Learn and practice the pronunciation of sign. Find the answer of what is the meaning of sign in Hindi. देखें sign का हिन्दी मतलब, sign का मीनिंग, sign का हिन्दी अर्थ, sign का हिन्दी अनुवाद।
Tags for the entry "sign"
What is sign meaning in Hindi, sign translation in Hindi, sign definition, pronunciations and examples of sign in Hindi. sign का हिन्दी मीनिंग, sign का हिन्दी अर्थ, sign का हिन्दी अनुवादShabdkosh Premium
Ad-free experience & much more
Vocabulary & Quizzes
Try our vocabulary lists and quizzes.
Liked WordsLogin to get your liked words.