role - Meaning in Hindi
role - Meaning in Hindi
Sorry, exact match is not available in the bilingual dictionary.
We are constantly improving our dictionaries. Still, it is possible that some words are not available. You can ask other members in forums, or send us email. We will try and help.
Definitions and Meaning of role in English
- the actions and activities assigned to or required or expected of a person or group
function, office, part
- "play its role"
- "the function of a teacher"
- "the government must do its part"
- normal or customary activity of a person in a particular social setting
- "what is your role on the team?"
- what something is used for
function, purpose, use, use, use
- "ballet is beautiful but what use is it?"
- "the function of an auger is to bore holes"
- an actor's portrayal of someone in a play
character, character, part, persona, theatrical role
- "she played the part of Desdemona"
A role is a set of connected behaviors, rights, obligations, beliefs, and norms as conceptualized by people in a social situation. It is an expected or free or continuously changing behavior and may have a given individual social status or social position. It is vital to both functionalist and interactionist understandings of society. Social role theory posits the following about social behavior:
- The division of labour in society takes the form of the interaction among heterogeneous specialized positions, we call roles.
- Social roles included appropriate and permitted forms of behavior and actions that recur in a group, guided by social norms, which are commonly known and hence determine the expectations for appropriate behavior in these roles, which further explains the place of a person in the society.
- Roles are occupied by individuals, who are called actors.
- When individuals approve of a social role, they will incur costs to conform to role norms, and will also incur costs to punish those who violate role norms.
- Changed conditions can render a social role outdated or illegitimate, in which case social pressures are likely to lead to role change.
- The anticipation of rewards and punishments, as well as the satisfaction of behaving pro-socially, account for why agents conform to role requirements.
Ad-free experience & much more
Hindi - Language vs Dialect
Writing complex sentences in English (For beginners)
French words used in English
What is another word for role ?
Words starting with
What is role meaning in Hindi?
The word or phrase role refers to the actions and activities assigned to or required or expected of a person or group, or normal or customary activity of a person in a particular social setting, or what something is used for, or an actor's portrayal of someone in a play. See role meaning in Hindi, role definition, translation and meaning of role in Hindi. Find role similar words, role synonyms. Learn and practice the pronunciation of role. Find the answer of what is the meaning of role in Hindi. देखें role का हिन्दी मतलब, role का मीनिंग, role का हिन्दी अर्थ, role का हिन्दी अनुवाद।
Tags for the entry "role"
What is role meaning in Hindi, role translation in Hindi, role definition, pronunciations and examples of role in Hindi. role का हिन्दी मीनिंग, role का हिन्दी अर्थ, role का हिन्दी अनुवाद
Vocabulary & Quizzes
Try our vocabulary lists and quizzes.