pick - Meaning in Hindi
pick Word Forms & Inflectionspicks (noun plural)
picked (verb past tense)
picking (verb present participle)
picks (verb present tense)
Definitions and Meaning of pick in English
- a basketball maneuver; obstructing an opponent with one's body
- "he was called for setting an illegal pick"
- a heavy iron tool with a wooden handle and a curved head that is pointed on both ends
- "they used picks and sledges to break the rocks"
- a thin sharp implement used for removing unwanted material
- "he used a pick to clean the dirt out of the cracks"
- a small thin device (of metal or plastic or ivory) used to pluck a stringed instrument
- the yarn woven across the warp yarn in weaving
filling, weft, woof
- the person or thing chosen or selected
- "he was my pick for mayor"
- the best people or things in a group
- "the cream of England's young men were killed in the Great War"
- the quantity of a crop that is harvested
- "he sent the first picking of berries to the market"
- "it was the biggest peach pick in years"
- the act of choosing or selecting
choice, option, selection
- "you can take your pick"
- "your choice of colors was unfortunate"
- pilfer or rob
- "pick pockets"
- pay for something
- "foot the bill"
- "pick up the burden of high-interest mortgages"
- "pick up the tab"
- "pick a fight or a quarrel"
- pull lightly but sharply with a plucking motion
- "he plucked the strings of his mandolin"
- attack with or as if with a pickaxe of ice or rocky ground, for example
- "Pick open the ice"
- look for and gather
cull, cull, pluck
- "pick flowers"
- "pick mushrooms"
- hit lightly with a picking motion
beak, peck, peck
- eat intermittently; take small bites of
- "He pieced at the sandwich all morning"
- "She never eats a full meal--she just nibbles"
- harass with constant criticism
blame, find fault
- "Don't always pick on your little brother"
- select carefully from a group
- "He picked his way carefully"
- "She finally picked her successor"
- remove in small bits
- "pick meat from a bone"
- remove unwanted substances from, such as feathers or pits
- "Clean the turkey"
Synonyms of pick
- choice, option, selection
- pickax, pickaxe
- plectron, plectrum
- filling, weft, woof
- choice, selection
- blame, find fault
- nibble, piece
- beak, peck
- cull, pluck
- break up
- pluck, plunk
More matches for pick
picket line धरना करने वालों की कतार picket line पिकेट लाइन pickup truck पिकअप ट्रक pickup truck छोटी वैन picket fence पिकेट बाड़ picket duty पिकेट ड्यूटी picket signs पिकेट संकेत pick something कुछ चुनें picking cotton कपास की खरीद picking season सीजन का चयन
Words starting with
What is pick meaning in Hindi?
The word or phrase pick refers to a basketball maneuver; obstructing an opponent with one's body, or a heavy iron tool with a wooden handle and a curved head that is pointed on both ends, or a thin sharp implement used for removing unwanted material, or a small thin device (of metal or plastic or ivory) used to pluck a stringed instrument, or the yarn woven across the warp yarn in weaving, or the person or thing chosen or selected, or pilfer or rob. See pick meaning in Hindi, pick definition, translation and meaning of pick in Hindi. Find pick similar words, pick synonyms. Learn and practice the pronunciation of pick. Find the answer of what is the meaning of pick in Hindi. देखें pick का हिन्दी मतलब, pick का मीनिंग, pick का हिन्दी अर्थ, pick का हिन्दी अनुवाद।
Tags for the entry "pick"
What is pick meaning in Hindi, pick translation in Hindi, pick definition, pronunciations and examples of pick in Hindi. pick का हिन्दी मीनिंग, pick का हिन्दी अर्थ, pick का हिन्दी अनुवादShabdkosh Premium
Ad-free experience & much more
Vocabulary & Quizzes
Try our vocabulary lists and quizzes.
Liked WordsLogin to get your liked words.