line - Meaning in Hindi
Sorry, exact match is not available in the bilingual dictionary.
We are constantly improving our dictionaries. Still, it is possible that some words are not available. You can ask other members in forums, or send us email. We will try and help.
Definitions and Meaning of line in English
- acting in conformity
- "he got out of line"
- "in line with"
- "toe the line"
- a slight depression or fold in the smoothness of a surface
crease, crinkle, furrow, seam, wrinkle
- "his face has many lines"
- "ironing gets rid of most wrinkles"
- a length (straight or curved) without breadth or thickness; the trace of a moving point
- space for one line of print (one column wide and 1/14 inch deep) used to measure advertising
- the maximum credit that a customer is allowed
bank line, credit line, line of credit, personal credit line, personal line of credit
- a single frequency (or very narrow band) of radiation in a spectrum
- a fortified position (especially one marking the most forward position of troops)
- "they attacked the enemy's line"
- in games or sports; a mark indicating positions or bounds of the playing area
- a spatial location defined by a real or imaginary unidimensional extent
- a formation of people or things one beside another
- "the cast stood in line for the curtain call"
- "the line of soldiers advanced with their bayonets fixed"
- "they were arrayed in line of battle"
- a formation of people or things one behind another
- "the line stretched clear around the corner"
- "you must wait in a long line at the checkout counter"
- a connected series of events or actions or developments
- "historians can only point out those lines for which evidence is available"
- "the government took a firm course"
- the descendants of one individual
ancestry, blood line, blood, blood, bloodline, descent, line of descent, lineage, origin, parentage, pedigree, stemma, stock, stock
- "his entire lineage has been warriors"
- a succession of notes forming a distinctive sequence
air, air, air, melodic line, melodic phrase, melody, melody, strain, strain, tune
- "she was humming an air from Beethoven"
- persuasive but insincere talk that is usually intended to deceive or impress
- "he has a smooth line but I didn't fall for it"
- "that salesman must have practiced his fast line of talk"
- "`let me show you my etchings' is a rather worn line"
- a mark that is long relative to its width
- "He drew a line on the chart"
- the principal activity in your life that you do to earn money
business, job, job, line of work, occupation
- "he's not in my line of business"
- a conductor for transmitting electrical or optical signals or electric power
cable, cable, transmission line
- something (as a cord or rope) that is long and thin and flexible
- "a washing line"
- the road consisting of railroad track and roadbed
rail line, railway line
- a commercial organization serving as a common carrier
- a particular kind of product or merchandise
business line, line of business, line of merchandise, line of products, product line
- "a nice line of shoes"
- a pipe used to transport liquids or gases
- "a pipeline runs from the wells to the seaport"
- mechanical system in a factory whereby an article is conveyed through sites at which successive operations are performed on it
assembly line, production line
- a telephone connection
phone line, subscriber line, telephone circuit, telephone line
- a conceptual separation or distinction
contrast, demarcation, dividing line
- "there is a narrow line between sanity and insanity"
- a course of reasoning aimed at demonstrating a truth or falsehood; the methodical process of logical reasoning
argument, argumentation, line of reasoning, logical argument
- "I can't follow your line of reasoning"
- (often plural) a means of communication or access
channel, channel, communication channel
- "it must go through official channels"
- "lines of communication were set up between the two firms"
- a short personal letter
billet, note, short letter
- "drop me a line when you get there"
- text consisting of a row of words written across a page or computer screen
- "the letter consisted of three short lines"
- "there are six lines in every stanza"
- reinforce with fabric
- "lined books are more enduring"
- fill plentifully
- "line one's pockets"
- cover the interior of
- "line a chimney"
- "line the gloves"
- mark with lines
- "sorrow had lined his face"
- make a mark or lines on a surface
delineate, describe, draw, trace, trace
- "draw a line"
- "trace the outline of a figure in the sand"
- be in line with; form a line along
- "trees line the riverbank"
Words starting with
What is line meaning in Hindi?
The word or phrase line refers to acting in conformity, or a slight depression or fold in the smoothness of a surface, or a length (straight or curved) without breadth or thickness; the trace of a moving point, or space for one line of print (one column wide and 1/14 inch deep) used to measure advertising, or the maximum credit that a customer is allowed, or a single frequency (or very narrow band) of radiation in a spectrum, or reinforce with fabric. See line meaning in Hindi, line definition, translation and meaning of line in Hindi. Find line similar words, line synonyms. Learn and practice the pronunciation of line. Find the answer of what is the meaning of line in Hindi. देखें line का हिन्दी मतलब, line का मीनिंग, line का हिन्दी अर्थ, line का हिन्दी अनुवाद।
Tags for the entry "line"
What is line meaning in Hindi, line translation in Hindi, line definition, pronunciations and examples of line in Hindi. line का हिन्दी मीनिंग, line का हिन्दी अर्थ, line का हिन्दी अनुवाद
Ad-free experience & much more