give - Meaning in Hindi
give - Meaning in Hindi
- स्वीकार करना
- उत्पन्न करना
- पैदा करना
- मान लेना
- नियुक्त करना
- प्रदान करना
- घोषित करना
- प्रस्तुत करना
- भेंट करना
- प्रभावित करना
- दान करना
- अदा करना
- सुपुर्द करना
- काम में लगाना
- दे डालना
- समर्पित करना
- वसीयत करना
- भुगतान करना
- लौटा देना
- बैठ जाना
- मदद करना
- ढह जाना
- उपहार देना
- खो देना
- गिर पड़ना
- बाँट देना
- हवाले करना
- सप्लाई करना
- सिपुर्द करना
- आरोपित करना
- सच्चाई स्वीकार करना
- बहाना देना
- बदले में देना
- झोंक देना
- विचारफल देना
- अनुज्ञा या आज्ञा देना
- दब जाना
- पैसा देना
- चंदा देना
- ढेर हो जाना
- भूला देना
give Word Forms & Inflections
gave (verb past tense)
given (verb past participle)
giving (verb present participle)
gives (verb present tense)
Definitions and Meaning of give in English
- the elasticity of something that can be stretched and returns to its original length
spring, spring, springiness
लचक, लचकने की शक्ति
- contribute to some cause
chip in, contribute, kick in
- "I gave at the office"
- present to view
- "He gave the sign to start"
- organize or be responsible for
have, hold, make, throw
- "give a course"
- "have, throw, or make a party"
- "hold a reception"
- move in order to make room for someone for something
ease up, give way, move over, yield
- "The park gave way to a supermarket"
- "`Move over,' he told the crowd"
- break down, literally or metaphorically
break, cave in, collapse, fall in, founder, give way
- "The business collapsed"
- "The dam broke"
- "The roof collapsed"
- "The roof finally gave under the weight of the ice"
- "The wall collapsed"
- "The wall gave in"
- transfer possession of something concrete or abstract to somebody
- "can you give me lessons?"
- "I gave her my money"
- "She gave the children lots of love and tender loving care"
- leave with; give temporarily
- "Can I give you my keys while I go in the pool?"
- "Can I give you the children for the weekend?"
- give as a present; make a gift of
- "What will you give her for her birthday?"
- place into the hands or custody of
hand, hand, pass on, pass, pass, reach, reach, turn over
- "hand me the spoon, please"
- "He turned over the prisoner to his lawyers"
- "Turn the files over to me, please"
- convey or reveal information
- "Give one's name"
- transmit (knowledge or skills)
impart, leave, pass on
- "give a secret to the Russians"
- "impart a new skill to the students"
- "leave your name and address here"
- bring about
- "The trompe l'oeil-illusion establishes depth"
- give or convey physically
- "I gave him a punch in the nose"
- "She gave him First Aid"
- give (as medicine)
- "I gave him the drug"
- cause to have, in the abstract sense or physical sense
- "She gave him a black eye"
- "The draft gave me a cold"
- bestow, especially officially
- "give a divorce"
- "grant a degree"
- "This bill grants us new rights"
- be the cause or source of
- "He gave me a lot of trouble"
- "Our meeting afforded much interesting information"
- endure the loss of
- "He gave his life for his children"
- "I gave two sons to the war"
- afford access to
afford, open, open
- "the door opens to the patio"
- "The French doors give onto a terrace"
- deliver in exchange or recompense
- "I'll give you three books for four CDs"
- emit or utter
- "Give a gulp"
- "give a yelp"
- execute and deliver
- "Give bond"
- offer in good faith
- "He gave her his word"
- proffer (a body part)
- "She gave her hand to her little sister"
- consent to engage in sexual intercourse with a man
- "She gave herself to many men"
- "what gives?"
- estimate the duration or outcome of something
- "He gave the patient three months to live"
- "I gave him a very good chance at success"
- "give priority to"
- "give thought to"
- "pay attention to"
- inflict as a punishment
- "She gave the boy a good spanking"
- "The judge gave me 10 years"
- allow to have or take
- "I give you two minutes to respond"
- guide or direct, as by behavior of persuasion
- "You gave me to think that you agreed with me"
- submit for consideration, judgment, or use
- "give an excuse"
- "give one's opinion"
- give entirely to a specific person, activity, or cause
commit, consecrate, dedicate, devote
- "consecrate your life to the church"
- "give one's talents to a good cause"
- "She committed herself to the work of God"
- perform for an audience
- "Pollini is giving another concert in New York"
- manifest or show
- "The office gave evidence of tampering"
- "This student gives promise of real creativity"
- convey or communicate; of a smile, a look, a physical gesture
- "She gave me a dirty look"
- "Throw a glance"
- convey, as of a compliment, regards, attention, etc.; bestow
- "Don't pay him any mind"
- "Give him my best regards"
- "give the orders"
- "pay attention"
- "give homage"
- "render thanks"
- accord by verdict
- "give a decision for the plaintiff"
- "He gave the first of many toasts at the birthday party"
- give food to
- "don't give the child this tough meat"
- "Feed the starving children in India"
- be flexible under stress of physical force
- "This material doesn't give"
- give or supply
generate, render, return, yield
- "The cow brings in 5 liters of milk"
- "The estate renders some revenue for the family"
- "This year's crop yielded 1,000 bushels of corn"
- cause to happen or be responsible for
- "His two singles gave the team the victory"
Synonyms of give
- spring, springiness
- devote, pay
- commit, consecrate, dedicate, devote
- generate, render, return, yield
- have, hold, make, throw
- ease up, give way, move over, yield
- break, cave in, collapse, fall in, founder, give way
- gift, present
- hand, pass, pass on, reach, turn over
- impart, leave, pass on
- chip in, contribute, kick in
- afford, yield
- afford, open
Antonyms of give
More matches for give
|give notice||नोटिस दें|
|given time||दिया समय|
|give evidence||सबूत दें|
|give evidence||साक्ष्य देना|
|give birth||जन्म दें|
|given period||प्रदत्त अवधि|
|give full||पूरा करें|
|given notice||दिया नोटिस|
|give information||जानकारी दें|
|given year||प्रदत्त वर्ष|
Ad-free experience & much more
Ways to improve your spoken English skills
Tips to practice grammar effectively
Ten most beautiful words in English
What is another word for give ?
Words starting with
What is give meaning in Hindi?
The word or phrase give refers to the elasticity of something that can be stretched and returns to its original length, or contribute to some cause, or present to view, or organize or be responsible for, or move in order to make room for someone for something, or break down, literally or metaphorically. See give meaning in Hindi, give definition, translation and meaning of give in Hindi. Find give similar words, give synonyms. Also learn give opposite words, give antonyms. Learn and practice the pronunciation of give. Find the answer of what is the meaning of give in Hindi. देखें give का हिन्दी मतलब, give का मीनिंग, give का हिन्दी अर्थ, give का हिन्दी अनुवाद।
Tags for the entry "give"
What is give meaning in Hindi, give translation in Hindi, give definition, pronunciations and examples of give in Hindi. give का हिन्दी मीनिंग, give का हिन्दी अर्थ, give का हिन्दी अनुवाद
Vocabulary & Quizzes
Try our vocabulary lists and quizzes.