first - Meaning in Hindi
first Word Forms & Inflectionsfirsts (noun plural)
Definitions and Meaning of first in English
- ranking above all others
अगुआ, अग्रगण्य, अग्रणी, इंद्र, इन्द्र, धुरंधर, धुरन्धर, धोरी, प्रधान, प्रमुख, मुखर, मुखिया, मुख्य, वरिष्ठ, वरेण्य, शीर्ष, श्रेष्ठ, सदर, सर्वश्रेष्ठ
- "the foremost figure among marine artists"
- "the top graduate"
- "was first in her class"
- serving to begin
- "the beginning canto of the poem"
- "the first verse"
- serving to set in motion
inaugural, initiative, initiatory, maiden
- "an initiatory step toward a treaty"
- "his first (or maiden) speech in Congress"
- "the initiative phase in the negotiations"
- "the liner's maiden voyage"
- "the magazine's inaugural issue"
- preceding all others in time or space or degree
- "her first baby"
- "his first political race"
- "the first day of spring"
- "the first house on the right"
- "the first meetings of the new party"
- "the first phase of his training"
- "the first time"
- highest in pitch or chief among parts or voices or instruments or orchestra sections
- "first soprano"
- "played first horn"
- "the first violin section"
- indicating the beginning unit in a series
- before anything else
first of all, first off, firstly, foremost
- "first we must consider the garter snake"
- the initial time
- "when Felix first saw a garter snake"
- prominently forward
- "he put his best foot foremost"
- before another in time, space, or importance
- "I was here first"
- "let's do this job first"
- the fielding position of the player on a baseball team who is stationed at first of the bases in the infield (counting counterclockwise from home plate)
- the lowest forward gear ratio in the gear box of a motor vehicle; used to start a car moving
first gear, low gear, low, low
- an honours degree of the highest class
first-class honours degree
- the first element in a countable series
number 1, number one
- "the first of the month"
- the first or highest in an ordering or series
- "He wanted to be the first"
- the time at which something is supposed to begin
beginning, commencement, get-go, kickoff, offset, outset, showtime, start, starting time
- "she knew from the get-go that he was the man for her"
- "they got an early start"
Synonyms of first
- first base
- first gear, low, low gear
- first-class honours degree
- number 1, number one
- number one
- beginning, commencement, get-go, kickoff, offset, outset, showtime, start, starting time
- foremost, world-class
- inaugural, initiative, initiatory, maiden
- first of all, first off, firstly, foremost
Antonyms of first
More matches for first
first quarter पहली तिमाही first published पहली प्रकाशित first question पहले सवाल first step पहला पग first session पहला सत्र first edition पहला संस्करण first section पहला भाग first step पहला कदम first part पहला भाग first century पहली सदी
Words starting with
What is first meaning in Hindi?
The word or phrase first refers to ranking above all others, or serving to begin, or serving to set in motion, or preceding all others in time or space or degree, or highest in pitch or chief among parts or voices or instruments or orchestra sections, or indicating the beginning unit in a series, or before anything else, or the fielding position of the player on a baseball team who is stationed at first of the bases in the infield (counting counterclockwise from home plate). See first meaning in Hindi, first definition, translation and meaning of first in Hindi. Find first similar words, first synonyms. Also learn first opposite words, first antonyms. Learn and practice the pronunciation of first. Find the answer of what is the meaning of first in Hindi. देखें first का हिन्दी मतलब, first का मीनिंग, first का हिन्दी अर्थ, first का हिन्दी अनुवाद।
Tags for the entry "first"
What is first meaning in Hindi, first translation in Hindi, first definition, pronunciations and examples of first in Hindi. first का हिन्दी मीनिंग, first का हिन्दी अर्थ, first का हिन्दी अनुवादShabdkosh Premium
Ad-free experience & much more
Vocabulary & Quizzes
Try our vocabulary lists and quizzes.
Liked WordsLogin to get your liked words.