cry - Meaning in Hindi
cry Word Forms & Inflections
cried (verb past tense)
crying (verb present participle)
cries (verb present tense)
Definitions and Meaning of cry in English
- a fit of weeping
- "had a good cry"
- a loud utterance; often in protest or opposition
call, call, outcry, shout, vociferation, yell
- "the speaker was interrupted by loud cries from the rear of the audience"
- a loud utterance of emotion (especially when inarticulate)
- "a cry of rage"
- "a yell of pain"
- a slogan used to rally support for a cause
battle cry, rallying cry, war cry, watchword
- "a cry to arms"
- "our watchword will be `democracy'"
- the characteristic utterance of an animal
- "animal cries filled the night"
- shed tears because of sadness, rage, or pain
- "She cried bitterly when she heard the news of his death"
- "The girl in the wheelchair wept with frustration when she could not get up the stairs"
- bring into a particular state by crying
- "The little boy cried himself to sleep"
- utter aloud; often with surprise, horror, or joy
call out, cry out, exclaim, outcry, shout
- "`Help!' she cried"
- "`I won!' he exclaimed"
- "`I'm here,' the mother shouted when she saw her child looking lost"
- utter a sudden loud cry
call, call, holler, hollo, scream, shout out, shout, squall, yell
- "I yelled to her from the window but she couldn't hear me"
- "she cried with pain when the doctor inserted the needle"
- proclaim or announce in public
- "before we had newspapers, a town crier would cry the news"
- "He cried his merchandise in the market square"
- utter a characteristic sound
- "The cat was crying"
- demand immediate action
- "This situation is crying for attention"
Synonyms of cry
- call, outcry, shout, vociferation, yell
- battle cry, rallying cry, war cry, watchword
- call out, cry out, exclaim, outcry, shout
- call, holler, hollo, scream, shout, shout out, squall, yell
- blazon out
Antonyms of cry
More matches for cry
Words starting with
What is cry meaning in Hindi?
The word or phrase cry refers to a fit of weeping, or a loud utterance; often in protest or opposition, or a loud utterance of emotion (especially when inarticulate), or a slogan used to rally support for a cause, or the characteristic utterance of an animal, or shed tears because of sadness, rage, or pain. See cry meaning in Hindi, cry definition, translation and meaning of cry in Hindi. Find cry similar words, cry synonyms. Also learn cry opposite words, cry antonyms. Learn and practice the pronunciation of cry. Find the answer of what is the meaning of cry in Hindi. देखें cry का हिन्दी मतलब, cry का मीनिंग, cry का हिन्दी अर्थ, cry का हिन्दी अनुवाद।
Tags for the entry "cry"
What is cry meaning in Hindi, cry translation in Hindi, cry definition, pronunciations and examples of cry in Hindi. cry का हिन्दी मीनिंग, cry का हिन्दी अर्थ, cry का हिन्दी अनुवाद
Ad-free experience & much more