beat - Meaning in Hindi
Sorry, exact match is not available in the bilingual dictionary.
We are constantly improving our dictionaries. Still, it is possible that some words are not available. You can ask other members in forums, or send us email. We will try and help.
Definitions and Meaning of beat in English
- very tired
बहुत थका हुआ
all in, bushed, dead
अधमरा, अधमुआ, अर्ध मृत
- "bushed after all that exercise"
- "I'm dead after that long trip"
- "so beat I could flop down and go to sleep anywhere"
- "was all in at the end of the day"
- a stroke or blow
- "the signal was two beats on the steam pipe"
- a single pulsation of an oscillation produced by adding two waves of different frequencies; has a frequency equal to the difference between the two oscillations
- a member of the beat generation; a nonconformist in dress and behavior
- a regular route for a sentry or policeman
- "in the old days a policeman walked a beat and knew all his people by name"
- the rhythmic contraction and expansion of the arteries with each beat of the heart
heartbeat, pulsation, pulse, pulse
- "he could feel the beat of her heart"
- (prosody) the accent in a metrical foot of verse
cadence, cadence, measure, meter, meter, metre
- the act of beating to windward; sailing as close as possible to the direction from which the wind is blowing
- a regular rate of repetition
- "the cox raised the beat"
- the sound of stroke or blow
- "he heard the beat of a drum"
- the basic rhythmic unit in a piece of music
musical rhythm, rhythm
- "the conductor set the beat"
- "the piece has a fast rhythm"
- make by pounding or trampling
- "beat a path through the forest"
- be superior
- "Reading beats watching television"
- "This sure beats work!"
- avoid paying
- "beat the subway fare"
- make a sound like a clock or a timer
tick, ticktack, ticktock
- "the clocks were ticking"
- "the grandfather clock beat midnight"
- make a rhythmic sound
- "Rain drummed against the windshield"
- "The drums beat all night"
- glare or strike with great intensity
- "The sun was beating down on us"
- move with a thrashing motion
- "The bird flapped its wings"
- "The eagle beat its wings and soared high into the sky"
- move with a flapping motion
- "The bird's wings were flapping"
- sail with much tacking or with difficulty
- "The boat beat in the strong wind"
- indicate by beating, as with the fingers or drumsticks
- "Beat the rhythm"
- move rhythmically
pound, pound, thump
- "Her heart was beating fast"
- move with or as if with a regular alternating motion
- "the city pulsated with music and excitement"
- produce a rhythm by striking repeatedly
- "beat the drum"
- shape by beating
- "beat swords into ploughshares"
- stir vigorously
- "beat the cream"
- "beat the egg whites"
- strike (a part of one's own body) repeatedly, as in great emotion or in accompaniment to music
- "beat one's breast"
- "beat one's foot rhythmically"
- strike (water or bushes) repeatedly to rouse animals for hunting
- hit repeatedly
- "beat on the door"
- "beat the table with his shoe"
- give a beating to; subject to a beating, either as a punishment or as an act of aggression
beat up, work over
- "The teacher used to beat the students"
- "Thugs beat him up when he walked down the street late at night"
- beat through cleverness and wit
circumvent, outfox, outsmart, outwit, overreach
- "I beat the traffic"
- "She outfoxed her competitors"
- come out better in a competition, race, or conflict
beat out, crush, shell, shell, trounce, vanquish
- "Agassi beat Becker in the tennis championship"
- "Harvard defeated Yale in the last football game"
- "We beat the competition"
- be a mystery or bewildering to
amaze, baffle, bewilder, dumbfound, flummox, get, gravel, mystify, nonplus, perplex, pose, puzzle, stick, stupefy, vex, vex
- "a vexing problem"
- "Got me--I don't know the answer!"
- "This beats me!"
- "This question really stuck me"
- wear out completely
exhaust, tucker out, tucker, tucker, wash up
- "He was all washed up after the exam"
- "I'm beat"
- "This kind of work exhausts me"
Words starting with
What is beat meaning in Hindi?
The word or phrase beat refers to very tired, or a stroke or blow, or a single pulsation of an oscillation produced by adding two waves of different frequencies; has a frequency equal to the difference between the two oscillations, or a member of the beat generation; a nonconformist in dress and behavior, or a regular route for a sentry or policeman, or the rhythmic contraction and expansion of the arteries with each beat of the heart, or make by pounding or trampling. See beat meaning in Hindi, beat definition, translation and meaning of beat in Hindi. Find beat similar words, beat synonyms. Learn and practice the pronunciation of beat. Find the answer of what is the meaning of beat in Hindi. देखें beat का हिन्दी मतलब, beat का मीनिंग, beat का हिन्दी अर्थ, beat का हिन्दी अनुवाद।
Tags for the entry "beat"
What is beat meaning in Hindi, beat translation in Hindi, beat definition, pronunciations and examples of beat in Hindi. beat का हिन्दी मीनिंग, beat का हिन्दी अर्थ, beat का हिन्दी अनुवाद
Ad-free experience & much more