authority - Meaning in Hindi
authority - Meaning in Hindi
Sorry, exact match is not available in the bilingual dictionary.
We are constantly improving our dictionaries. Still, it is possible that some words are not available. You can ask other members in forums, or send us email. We will try and help.
Definitions and Meaning of authority in English
- official permission or approval
authorisation, authorization, sanction
- "authority for the program was renewed several times"
- the power or right to give orders or make decisions
authorisation, authorization, dominance, potency, say-so
- "a place of potency in the state"
- "deputies are given authorization to make arrests"
- "he has the authority to issue warrants"
- freedom from doubt; belief in yourself and your abilities
assurance, confidence, self-assurance, self-confidence, sureness
- "after that failure he lost his confidence"
- "his assurance in his superiority did not make him popular"
- "she spoke with authority"
- an authoritative written work
- "this book is the final authority on the life of Milton"
- an administrative unit of government
agency, bureau, federal agency, government agency, office
- "Office of Management and Budget"
- "Tennessee Valley Authority"
- "the Census Bureau"
- "the Central Intelligence Agency"
- an expert whose views are taken as definitive
- "he is an authority on corporate law"
- (usually plural) persons who exercise (administrative) control over others
- "the authorities have issued a curfew"
In the fields of sociology and political science, authority is the legitimate power of a person or group over other people. In a civil state, authority is practiced in ways such a judicial branch or an executive branch of government.
प्राधिकार (authority) किसी व्यक्ति, गुट या संस्थान के किसी विषय या क्षेत्र में निर्णय लेने व निर्णायक कार्य करने की ऐसी क्षमता को कहते हैं जो किसी राज्य द्वारा प्रदान की गई हो। ऐसी स्थितियों में राज्य अपनी राजशक्ति प्राधिकारित व्यक्ति या संस्थान के निर्णयों को मनवाने के लिये वचनबद्ध होता है।Also see "Authority" on Wikipedia
Ad-free experience & much more
Using plural forms to show respect in Hindi
Direct and Indirect speech
Ten most beautiful words in English
What is another word for authority ?
Sentences with the word authority
Words that rhyme with authority
Words starting with
What is authority meaning in Hindi?
The word or phrase authority refers to official permission or approval, or the power or right to give orders or make decisions, or freedom from doubt; belief in yourself and your abilities, or an authoritative written work, or an administrative unit of government, or an expert whose views are taken as definitive. See authority meaning in Hindi, authority definition, translation and meaning of authority in Hindi. Find authority similar words, authority synonyms. Learn and practice the pronunciation of authority. Find the answer of what is the meaning of authority in Hindi. देखें authority का हिन्दी मतलब, authority का मीनिंग, authority का हिन्दी अर्थ, authority का हिन्दी अनुवाद।
Tags for the entry "authority"
What is authority meaning in Hindi, authority translation in Hindi, authority definition, pronunciations and examples of authority in Hindi. authority का हिन्दी मीनिंग, authority का हिन्दी अर्थ, authority का हिन्दी अनुवाद
Vocabulary & Quizzes
Try our vocabulary lists and quizzes.