act - meaning in MarathiSorry, we did not find an exact match.
Definitions of act
- a legal document codifying the result of deliberations of a committee or society or legislative body
- something that people do or cause to happen
- a subdivision of a play or opera or ballet
- a short theatrical performance that is part of a longer program
- she had a catchy little routine
- it was one of the best numbers he ever did
- a manifestation of insincerity
- perform an action, or work out or perform (an action)
- We must move quickly
- The governor should act on the new energy bill
- The nanny acted quickly by grabbing the toddler and covering him with a wet towel
- behave in a certain manner; show a certain behavior; conduct or comport oneself
- Don't behave like a fool
- What makes her do this way?
- The dog acts ferocious, but he is really afraid of people
- play a role or part
- She wants to act Lady Macbeth, but she is too young for the role
- She played the servant to her husband's master
- discharge one's duties
- In what capacity are you acting?
- pretend to have certain qualities or state of mind
- She plays deaf when the news are bad
- be suitable for theatrical performance
- have an effect or outcome; often the one desired or expected
- How does your idea work in practice?
- This method doesn't work
- The breaks of my new car act quickly
- The medicine works only if you take it with a lot of water
- be engaged in an activity, often for no particular purpose other than pleasure
- behave unnaturally or affectedly
- perform on a stage or theater
- He acted in `Julius Caesar'
- I played in `A Christmas Carol'
Follow us on Facebook
Browse top entries in English to Marathi dictionary
Provided by Shabdkosh.com: act meaning in Marathi. Meaning of act in Marathi and English. Updated on .
Also see: act in Hindi