act - meaning in MarathiSorry, we did not find an exact match.
Definitions of actact - noun
- a legal document codifying the result of deliberations of a committee or society or legislative body
- something that people do or cause to happen
- a subdivision of a play or opera or ballet
- a short theatrical performance that is part of a longer program
- she had a catchy little routine
- it was one of the best numbers he ever did
- a manifestation of insincerity
- perform an action, or work out or perform (an action)
- We must move quickly
- The governor should act on the new energy bill
- The nanny acted quickly by grabbing the toddler and covering him with a wet towel
- behave in a certain manner; show a certain behavior; conduct or comport oneself
- Don't behave like a fool
- What makes her do this way?
- The dog acts ferocious, but he is really afraid of people
- play a role or part
- She wants to act Lady Macbeth, but she is too young for the role
- She played the servant to her husband's master
- discharge one's duties
- In what capacity are you acting?
- pretend to have certain qualities or state of mind
- She plays deaf when the news are bad
- be suitable for theatrical performance
- have an effect or outcome; often the one desired or expected
- How does your idea work in practice?
- This method doesn't work
- The breaks of my new car act quickly
- The medicine works only if you take it with a lot of water
- be engaged in an activity, often for no particular purpose other than pleasure
- behave unnaturally or affectedly
- perform on a stage or theater
- He acted in `Julius Caesar'
- I played in `A Christmas Carol'
Follow us on Facebook
Browse top entries in English to Marathi dictionary
Information provided on act
Meaning and definitions of act, translation in Marathi language for act with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of act in Marathi and in English language.
Also see: act in Hindi