Shabdkosh®

Language Support Forums | भाषा सहयोग मंच

plz help me

22 May 2015 11:57

avneesh yadav

Sakshi mam ji

1. Dissociating the party from such incidents , the latest being the attack on the church .

2.Bjp has been trying to hard sell it as being the right step toward in fighting terrorism

3. I am not being able to do that

4. this tension will always be confined to being within the limit of one’s strength of character .

Why being is used in all these examples???

22 May 2015 14:07
"Sakshi"
22 May 2015 14:07

1. Dissociating the party from such incidents, the latest being the attack on St. Mary’s Church in Agra, he said, “Why should we be held responsible for such attacks?”
—Party Ko Aisi Ghatnaao Se Alag Karte Hue, Agra Ke St. Mary’s Church Me Ho Rahi Naveentam Ghatna Par Unhono Kaha, “Aise Hamlo Ke Liye Hame Kyu Zimmedaar Thahraya Jaye?”

2.Bjp has been trying to hard sell it as being the right step toward in fighting terrorism.
—BJP ise aakramak vigyapan karne ki koshish kar rahi hai jaise antankvaad se ladne ka yahi sahi kadam hai.

3. I am not being able to do that.
—Here “Being” signifies a temporary state.
For Example:
1. He’s an honest man.
(He is honest at any time of the time, because that is his character.)

2. He’s being an honest man.
(He normally isn’t honest, but he’s trying to be one at a specific point or time.)

“I’m not being able to concentrate on my studies” signifies that the person does not really concentrate on his studies, only on special occasions. This time, however, he cannot perform his temporary task of concentrating.

4. This tension will always be confined to being within the limit of one’s strength of character.
—Yah pareshaani kisi ki shakti ki visheshta ko seemit karne ke liye seemit ki jayegi. (not sure)
According to me, The use ‘being’ in the first and in the third sentence are okay, but It seemed me unnecessary in the second sentence and for forth sentence, I would translate like this, This tension will be confined to making one’s strength of character limited.

>>If there needs correction, please improve it.

22 May 2015 14:51
avneesh yadav
22 May 2015 14:51

Sakshi mam ji

In sentence first
please explain the reason why they are using being??