Shabdkosh®

Language Support Forums | भाषा सहयोग मंच

Tum samjhte kya ho apne aap ko

30 Sep 2014 16:33

Sonikagupta

Tum samjhte kya ho apne aap ko galti khud ki hoti hai aur mujhe blame karte ho maine kaha tha na mai so rhi hu phir kaha se tumhare cal msg dekhti papa hote hai to mai mobile silent rakhti hu mobile silent tha to muje kaise pta chalega tumne cal kiye hai aur bina galti k tum muje ulta sidha kyu bolte ho khud dusri ladkiyo se bat karte rehte ho aur muje bolte ho ki mai kisi aur se bat kar rahi hu aur koi bi baat soch samjh kar bola karo ki bol kya rhe ho samjhe

30 Sep 2014 17:26
gvshwnth
30 Sep 2014 17:26

Tum samjhte kya ho apne aap ko galti khud ki hoti hai aur mujhe blame karte ho maine kaha tha na mai so rhi hu phir kaha se tumhare cal msg dekhti papa hote hai to mai mobile silent rakhti hu mobile silent tha to muje kaise pta chalega tumne cal kiye hai aur bina galti k tum muje ulta sidha kyu bolte ho khud dusri ladkiyo se bat karte rehte ho aur muje bolte ho ki mai kisi aur se bat kar rahi hu aur koi bi baat soch samjh kar bola karo ki bol kya rhe ho samjhe

What do you think of yourself? You are at fault and you blame me. I had told you, hadn’t I,  that I was sleeping so, how could I have seen your call message?  When Papa is around, I keep my phone in silent mode. When the mobile was in silent mode, how would I know that you have called. And when I have not made any mistake why you do talk all sorts of nonsense to me. You yourself speak to other girls and then you tell me that I am talking to others. Think carefully about what you are saying before you say anything, Understand?

============
Regards
GV

30 Sep 2014 18:52
Sonikagupta
30 Sep 2014 18:52

Thank u so much gv 😊

01 Oct 2014 02:59
01 Oct 2014 02:59

Let me put my two cents here.

1) ” I had told you, hadn’t I,  that I was sleeping so, how could I have seen your call message?”

a)The underlined part was actually thought to have worked as a tag question; but it will work only at the end of a sentence. It will never work in the middle of a sentence. In this case, we must frame a negative question, like “Hadn’t I told you that I ...”

b)  Past Perfect is considered “Over Past” and no past tenses can describe even more past than that.
The second sentence goes like this…
” I had told you, hadn’t I,  that I was sleeping so, how could I have seen your call message?”
It has a fundamental flaw.
Here, the telling happened first, then the sleeping. This is not what happened actually. Hence, we must write the sentence like this…
“Haven’t I told you that I was sleeping…”
2) “And when I have not made any mistake why you do talk all sorts of nonsense to me”
One must write “...why do you talk ...” instead of “...why you do talk…”. because, it is a question.
It maybe a matter of style, but I would write this sentence like this…
” Why do you talk all sorts of nonsense to me when I haven’t made any mistake?”

Cheers!

01 Oct 2014 08:06
gvshwnth
01 Oct 2014 08:06

Thanks Ninja!
Your constructive comments are welcome.
Regards
GV