Shabdkosh®

Language Support Forums | भाषा सहयोग मंच

Too many private messages.

20 Sep 2014 21:45

gvshwnth

I am receiving too many private messages and emails.
Some are long, very long indeed.
I understand why you are sending them to me as private messages instead of posting here which would be what I prefer. The contents are mostly very private and personal and I can understand why you do not wish to post them publicly.

However please understand my limitations too. Nowadays I am not available in the forenoons, for 5 days a week. I have taken up some teaching/training assignment for a temporary period in the old organisation that I set up and owned and later sold before retiring. So now I have less time.

But, most important is that I am only a retired engineer, not a trained counselor. Please do not seek advice from me, for personal/family/career/professional/office/relationships/health problems. I can only help in translating your letters/emails. I cannot give the correct advice for your other problems as I don’t know you, and don’t have the full facts.

Please keep your private messages to me few and far between. Please keep them short. And please don’t expect quick replies. If I am free and don’t have anything pending, I will answer as soon as I can. If there is a delay, please be patient and bear with me. If you don’t receive a reply from me in 24 hours, you may never get any reply, as I may be totally unable to help in any way.

Please don’t send the content of your public postings once again to me as private messages.
It will not help you to get an earlier reply.

I am off line usually after 9:30 pm. I never sit late nights at my computer.  I come online again for a short time (say half an hour to one hour) in the mornings at about 8 am and then go offline and return after 1 pm and will be online till 9:30 pm subject to occasional absences form my desk to attend to so many other things.

I am willing to help everyone to the best of my ability and subject to availability of time. But I have my limitations too and I will be grateful if my friends and well wishers here understand that.

Good Night. See you tomorrow.

Regards
GV

20 Sep 2014 22:33
"Sakshi"
20 Sep 2014 22:33

Selfish People, Selfish Thought…
They don’t think about you. They only want to get their work done.
Regards
Sakshi