Shabdkosh®

Language Support Forums | भाषा सहयोग मंच

Request from Moderators

11 Apr 2013 15:33

ajp44
I am fully agree with Mr. Intazar reply. I know that it's not possible for Moderators to check the each and every question of ours .

Moderators pl help. can Administrator(s) develop any checks or alert about the correctness of the answers or any other way out.

ajp44 - 09 April 2013 11:39 PM

how do we know that which one is totally correct. it;s my humble request there should be some checks or alert that help us to know that which translation is correct in all respect.

Thanks Mr. intazar for your guidance.

yes, you are right. What I feel about it is that it is an open online forum where anyone can post her answer on “correct” usages of English (or other languages). So, until and unless a system is developed by the Administrator(s) for checking and alerting the members about the correctness of the answers, what we can do is:

1. Type the given answers within quotes and search in Google (or other search engine of our preference) to check its correctness.

2. Consult dictionaries, grammar and guide books physically available with us.

3. After seeing a number of responses from several members, we can get a fair idea about the correctness of any answer.

4. The seniority and the known background of a member also help us to come to a conclusion about the correctness of their answer. For example, it is widely known that in this forum we have a senior member who is a native English speaker (BillW). So, as far as correct usage of English (as spoken by a native speaker) is concerned, we invariably consider his answers / corrections / suggestions to be correct.

5. However, you can always request the Moderators also to help you out on any particular question. But it should be done sparingly. Neither we should expect that the Moderators would be helping us on each and every question of ours nor it would be practically possible for them to do so.

27 Sep 2014 21:02
Gyan Prakash
27 Sep 2014 21:02
In my view, the correctness is to judged by the member who has asked for reply or translation.